Chapter 4 - Alternative Medicine

We drank in silence for a few moments, catching our breath.

The adrenaline of victory was still coursing through me and I couldn't help a giddy stamp of my feet. I grinned and looked up at Jack, whose navy gaze was on my leg.

"Shit. Does that hurt?" he asked, leaning forward to brush his thumb over the skin below my cut.

The thick gash was about eight inches long and weeping blood. It was probably the worst injury I had sustained in all my years training with Jack.

As the rush of victory ebbed away, it was starting to sting quite a bit. Unable to shift like Jack, I couldn't magically close my wounds.

Large hands lifted my leg, and I was surprised to notice Jack had moved to crouch at my side. His eyes met mine, the same darkness in them that I had seen earlier.

This time though, combined with his touch, I felt my heart begin to pound.

"You know I can help. If you want me to?" His voice was low and gravelly, and my stomach clenched in response.

He was referring to the fact that a wolf's saliva had mild healing properties for flesh injuries that weren't too deep.

I swallowed a sudden ball of nerves and tried to shrug it off. "Nah, its fine really."

He shook his head, dark eyes almost pinning me in place. "This place is dirty. If it gets infected, it will interrupt your training."

I knew he was right.

I nodded. Anticipation building inside me. Insanely so, for something as basic as medical treatment.

Slowly, he poured cool water on the wound and I whimpered.

Keeping his eyes on mine, Jack lowered his head towards my leg. Seeing no objection, he looked down at the cut. He once again traced the skin below with the pad of his thumb, sending electricity up my thigh.

I gasped as the warm wetness of his tongue touched my flesh. The slow lick made my body tremble and a moan burst from my lips.

We both froze in unison.

I stared down at the top of his head. Heart hammering in equal desire and mortification.

Slowly he raised his eyes to meet mine. The navy darkness was now a full black. And this time there was no mistaking the desire in them.

Suddenly, he grabbed my thigh and pulled me beneath him.

The thousands of times I had lain beneath Jack were forgotten in this alien moment and I felt so bare. Suddenly acutely aware of how little clothing we wore.

He groaned my name softly in my ear as he brushed the rough stubble of his jaw against my cheek.

I could feel myself getting wet as the warmth of his breath stoked the fire raging in my body.

Inhaling deeply, he groaned louder.

His dark eyes smouldered over the fit of my shorts and top and he growled low in his throat. "Seriously Charlie?"

I flushed and bowed my head, refusing to look at him. The hard length of his body was setting me alight.

"Do you think I didn't feel you shiver at my touch? Don't smell your arousal?" He transferred both of my hands to one of his above my head and used his other to tilt my face to look at him.

"Have you any idea what you're doing to me?" The amber eyes of his wolf flickered in the darkness of his eyes. "You're killing me. And I am supposed to ignore it all and be your fucking teacher?"