Chapter 55 - All of You

Hi guys!

So sorry if any of you felt a little unfulfilled from yesterday's chapter. Here's an extra long, extra spicy one to make up for it.    ;)

I'd love to hear if you approve...

Enjoy!

- Molly x

Holly walked with me back to my part of the Elder's accommodations. All the while talking my ear off about her newfound love of sexual dominance, as she educates our all-powerful Elder a thing or two.

I felt the easy grin die on my lips as we rounded the corner to my viewing platform.

Jack was leaning casually against the stone edge of the balcony. His powerful forearms supporting his weight.

He wore a slate grey t-shirt that seemed vacuum packed to the hard muscles straining to be free of the fabric.

He turned his head at our approach. Bringing into view his strong stubbled jaw and those fantastic midnight eyes.

Eyes that roamed my body. Appreciating the tight leather of my leggings, before forcing their way up to my face.

Holly chuckled. "I forgot I'd left him here for you. He stayed put like a good little dog-house resident." She shot a half-glare at my mate. "But if he hurts you again, I'll be leaving him at the bottom of a cliff."

She leaned in conspiratorially, "I'd ask you if you minded, but the pheromones coming off you two could knock out a hooker." Laughing she turned away, offering a wave in goodbye as she skipped cheerfully home.

Embarrassing though her parting comment was. There was no denying the truth in her words.

The brief few days apart had seemed to stretch far longer than they were. Creating a needy ache, both in my heart and between my thighs.

I missed him.

I missed my friend, and I missed my mate.

"Hi." His voice was soft and wistful.

I moved to his side, leaning my hip against the low wall. My eyes searched his face. "Hi, yourself."

"You look good." He murmured. Eyelids sliding closed as he breathed me in. "I've missed you."

My wolf preened in delight, and I couldn't help but agree with her.

Jack had been my friend long before he had been anything more. But the moment he'd lain over me, sacrificing what could (and probably should) have been his last breath, I knew.

I knew that despite the messy beginning, our bond meant more to him than even his own life.

More to him than anything in his past might suggest.

As the old saying goes... Actions speak louder than words.

The air seemed to fizz between us with a need to close the gap. To reconnect and reconcile in the best of ways. In the most naked of ways.

I crept my fingers slowly over his forearm. Watching as the muscles jumped with giddy delight at my touch.

Jack let out a soft breath. Fingers meeting and entangling with my own before he brought them to his lips in a gentle kiss. "Charlie..."

I shook my head. We had talked enough. Waited long enough.

I closed the gap between us, lifting onto my tiptoes to bring my mouth to his.

The moment our lips touched I felt a wave of perfect warmth spread through me from our point of contact.

My breath caught and I felt tears prick my eyes. A small whimper opening my lips to him.