Chapter 38 - Elder's Point

After our frenzied romp in the dirt, we had to have another quick dip in the lake before going our separate ways.

Reed had only agreed to relieve Jack for a short time and needed to get back to his own post that he had left Kyle and Matt manning for him.

We shared a sweet, if slightly sheepish kiss before parting ways, and I couldn't help but think that as good as the sex had been, we should have been more focused on sharing words and sentiments than bodily fluids.

I shifted, retreating in my mind to allow my wolf control.

We wound through the trees back to camp, settling as quietly as possible beside the still shape of Hazel's wolf.

One brown eyelid slid open to fix me with the bright blue gaze of the Luna. Even in wolf-form, the gentle elegance of her personality managed to shine through.

Her soft voice entered my mind as she tried to hide a wolfy smile "Next time you go off... exploring... be a dear and tell your father first. I almost had to restrain the man from going to look for you."

Horrified, my heart about fell out of my arse.

Hazels light chuckle filled my mind. "Don't worry. I kept him at bay."

Thankful that wolves can't blush, I murmured a thanks and curled into a small ball for sleep. I definitely didn't want to enter into any further conversation about my recent activities.

As dawn broke, we were already on the move. Wolves can survive for days without food, so one meal each evening was more than enough to satiate us.

We were very close now, scents of other Packs littered the undergrowth, intermingling into a thick and heady aroma that put everyone on edge.

There is a very good reason that wolves live and stay in marked Pack lines... we don't play well with strangers as a rule.

That said, big events such as Qualifying and important issues such as this can bring us together in a vague harmony.

The Elder's Point is the most defendable, secure, and safe place known to our lands. Its location guarded by our kind for millennia.

As a Pack we finally entered the clearing.

Half a mile of barren grassland lay between the treeline and a vast lake nestle at the bottom of a craggy mountainside.

Wolves stalked the shadowy planes of rocky outcrops far above the water. Eyes trained on the wasteland below... Determined to prevent uninvited guests.

Julian stepped out ahead. His wolf tossing his head with impatience. A low howl vibrated his large chest as he requested permission to enter.

The answering song was barely over as we began to run, feet skipping through the grass as fast as our bodies were able. This journey was finally about to end, and we were all more than ready for the next step.

We dove into the lake one by one, following the lead of our Alpha and Luna. The swim to the bottom of the cliff face brought us to a hole which burrowed for a few meters before heading vertically into the pool of a small cavern.

The air was thick with moisture as our clan collected, each shaking a fine mist into the air in an attempt to dry off.

We were given no time to acclimatise before being herded into cubicles by a few beaming strangers.

"I'm Chloe." The brunette closing the door on me supplied cheerfully. "What size clothes are you? I'll bring you a rail. There is a shower and toilet in there and fresh towels if you need them."

I hadn't thought this far ahead... Of what to expect once we got here, but this wasn't it.

Chloe nodded cheerfully as I told her size medium and wasted no time in hurrying off again, leaving me to my own devices.

I showered as suggested and had just wrapped myself in a lovely thick grey towel when there was a knock on the door.

Barely waiting for my response, Chloe burst back into the small space, dragging a rail of clothes with her.

Her previously pale skin was now very pink, and she slumped slightly against the door as she closed it behind her.

Meeting my gaze, she smirked. "We don't get too many visitors until recently, and you have some very... interesting Pack mates." Her flush deepened and she cleared her throat. "Anyway... Take whatever you like from the rail for now and there are closets full of clothes that you can raid while you're here."

Interest piqued, I grinned. "Interesting how..?" I began flicking through the clothes, pretty sure I already knew what I was about to hear.

Needing no further invitation, she giggled. "One of your guys..."

I smothered a chuckle and pulled out some black skinny jeans. "Hot as hell?"

Her giggle became a full laugh. "You know it. Biiig guy, seriously ripped..."

I pulled a sage green t-shirt from it's hanger. "Dark hair..."

She nodded gleefully. "And some very unusual, sexy grey eyes..."

Wait. What?

I dropped the t-shirt I was holding, then panicked and lost my towel too. I managed to scoop everything back up and preserve some dignity before turning to see her amused smirk.

"You know the one, right?" she chuckled and fanned her face.

Eew, eew, eew, eew, eeeeeew. My father was definitely not who I'd had in mind.

Chloe giggled again. "I always did like a powerful guy. Shame he's taken. Your Luna seems lovely though."

I barely recovered enough from my shock to return her parting smile and wave.

Gross. So gross.

I dressed quickly and left the cubicle, finding the rest of the Pack in various stages of the arrivals process.

As I was scanning the crowd for Jack, Holly bound out of a nearby cubicle.

She looked fantastic in a pair of black leggings and a white crop top, her red curls bouncing around her shoulders.

I hadn't checked a mirror, but there was no way I looked half that good after trekking through a forest for a week.

A small, amused voice in my head added "And being fucked into the dirt."

Hilarious. My wolf... The comedian.