Chapter 11 - Madness Calls

** Disclaimer - Explicit description of sexual activity in this chapter. Please stop at ** -- ** if you don't want to read this part.    :)

Back at my cabin the next morning, I was doing some tentative stretches to see how I was healing.

Pleased with the results I sprang lightly to my feet, only the barest of twinges hindering my movement now.

I flicked the radio on, dance-stretching my way around the living room to some loud cheesy music.

Holly stumbled in rubbing her eyes, somehow still looking pretty as ever just in her pyjamas. I always looked like I had done three rounds with a bear in the morning.

I turned the music down smiling sheepishly. "Sorry Hol, I thought you would be out and about by now."

She grumbled lightly as she poured some coffee. Collapsing into a dining chair. "Violet has had us all doing night shifts ever since the attack. I get it, but man... I'm exhausted."

I smiled at her sympathetically and pulled some bacon out of the fridge. "Buttie to cheer you up?"

Her answering grin was all the encouragement I needed, and I flicked on the grill. Mouth watering already at the thought of the salty treat.

The bacon was just in when a knock sounded at the door.

It was one of the Pack House runners.

Smiling politely, he handed me two envelopes made of thick cream card, sealed with the Pack wax stamp.

Without waiting for a response, he took off again down the path to his next errand.

There was an envelope addressed to both me and Holly and I handed hers to her, confused.

"Any idea what it could be?" I asked as she popped the seal and pulled out a letter, in bright blue beautifully calligraphy.

Holly didn't answer, silently reading.

I quickly returned to the bacon before it burnt, pressing her to share the news.

"Yessss!" She squealed, scrunching her letter as she happy danced around the kitchen.

"Tell meee." I whined, piling bacon high on our bread, and moving to the table.

I had just taken a giant bite as she brandished the paper at me. "It's our Ranking meal invitation from the Alpha and Luna! Tonight!"

I'd completely forgotten about that particular tradition!

Sandwiches forgotten, we leapt into preparations.

We'd had our Ranking dresses for so long I had almost forgotten what they looked like.

Excitement bubbled inside me as we pulled them out of their garment bags in the living room, giddily admiring them and comparing shoes.

The day flew by as we prepared and soon found us standing in front of the pack house, both equally nervous.

My dress was a silken forest green, draping delicately over my breasts and flowing down to float around my knees. Holly had styled my hair into pretty cignon, with curled tendrils escaping to frame my face.

Looking equally elegant, Holly was wearing a strapless cocktail dress, that hugged her curves and accentuated her tiny waist. Her flaming red hair was curled to perfection and hung loosely to her waist.

We gave each other a last once over, giggling as we linked arms and entered.

The banquet hall was decorated lavishly with thick silken drapes roped across the ceiling and candles fluttering from every table.