Chapter 42 - Fun Thieves

Hey guys! 

Happy Saturday :) 

This one is a bit longer as a bit of a weekend treat. Hope you enjoy!

- Molly x

Jack's large hand curled possessively into the curve of my waist as we entered the hall.

His fingers flexed into the silky fabric of my dress, skipping over my hip as he sucked in a harsh breath. "Knowing you don't have panties on is killing me." He murmured, his hot breath tickling my ear.

I hid the sultry grin that wanted to bloom onto my face. Turning slightly to survey our surroundings.

Music thrummed like an atmospheric heartbeat, boring into the soul of every person in the room. Fun had become somewhat of a distant memory lately, and although there were things to be done, life needed to be lived too. It could be over all too soon after all.

Huge, corrugated columns speared the space like overgrown stalactites, growing from floor to ceiling in beautifully carved precision.

Large circular tables speckled the outskirts of the room, dipping into the shadowy edges to become romantic havens of candlelight away from the bustle of the dancefloor. Their seating cupped their edges in half-moons of smooth carved rockface.

As early as it was, the dancers were already in full swing. Swirling and writhing in juxtaposing styles. Made the same only for the grins on their faces.

The happiness of the room soaked into my skin, and I felt myself relax properly for the first time in months.

I ran my eyes appreciatively over my mate. He looked strong and lithe in his three-piece suit. Its grey-blue fabric paired excellently with the white shirt and silver tie. The waistcoat nipped in at his small waist, accentuating the large spread of his shoulders.

My body flooded with heat as I let myself drown in the midnight pools of his eyes. His lightly stubbled jaw pulsed as he clenched his teeth, a small growl of lust escaping.

A squealing fireball flew from the shadows to fling herself at us. Almost bowling the two of us over at once.

Yipping in delight, Holly wrapped her arms around me first, giving me a giddy squeeze before attacking Jack. She enveloped him in a hug that pinned his arms to his sides, her cheek squashed against his chest.

He looked slightly bewildered for a second before managing to recover, a small smirk alighting his lips as he looked down at her. He didn't move an inch, other than to raise a dark eyebrow at the top of her head.

Seeming to catch herself mid-hug, she drew back with slight embarrassment. "Sorry about that. It just feels like so long since we all got together to have fun." A grin lit her face and she poked at his upper arm. "Have you been working out?"

Jack's grin widened even as I rolled my eyes, tugging her away from him. "Don't encourage him, Hol."

Switching her bright gaze back to me, she stepped back and whistled long and low. "Wowee! Are you trying out for prom queen tonight?" The glitter in her eyes sparked my own humour and I laughed.

"You're not so bad yourself! I guess Big Red is enjoying the view?" I quipped.

Holly looked as spectacular as ever. A navy thigh length dress made her fiery hair glow even brighter than usual. The neckline dipped into a long split that ended just below her navel, showing off her flat stomach and allowing a sneak peep at her chest.

I half expected to find Jack staring at the very distracting orbs that the dress revealed. Hel... Even I had found my eyes drawn there and I was 100% straight.