Chapter 22 - A Wolf Knows

** Disclaimer - Explicit description of sexual activity in this chapter.

"What are we waiting for then?" I murmured. My heart beginning to pound in my chest.

His immediate surprise soon switched to anger as he wrenched himself away from me, putting the bed between us as though I might infect him somehow.

"Did you not listen to a thing I said?" the growl in his voice was honestly turning me on more and I bit my lip, remembering the incredible night of my haze.

"Jack. Stop this." I snapped, rounding the bed with fire in my eyes. "We keep reliving the same moment. I'm tired of listening to hypocritical laws and rules that are complete bullshit!"

Gold erupted in his eyes as he glared back at me. A stalemate of fizzing energy that I felt with my whole body. Especially the sensitive part between my legs.

The anger between us was undeniable.

...But sometimes anger breeds passion.

His lips were on mine a moment later. A deep, soul pulling kiss that shattered me and made me whole again. His large hands cupped my ass, pulling me firmly against his erection.

I gasped as he picked me up, striding over to the bed and laying me beneath him.

Slowly leaving a fiery trail of kissed down my neck, he pulled away, still unsure. "Charlie I..."

I stopped his words with my lips, my own hands beginning their explorations.

Our bodies twisted together as one tangle of arms and legs; breath ragged as the tension built between us to a dizzying level.

I had never in my life experienced this level of passion with someone. I felt as though I might burst or melt at any moment.

The warm lap of his tongue followed his expert hands, making me quiver with need.

Delicately, his fingers sought the hem of my shirt.

Whisper light, each movement sent electric racing through my body.

I shuddered as he traced the outline of my curves whilst pushing the materiel up and over my head.

He hummed deep in his throat as he moved back to drink me in, his gaze as intimate and electrifying as the touch of his hands.

His hot breath clouded over my cool skin and made my nipples harden. I moaned as his tongue flicked across my stomach, making my core ach as he dipped his tongue into my navel.

It was all I could do to stay still, as his licked up the line of my abs to claim the hard pink pebble of one of my aching nipples.

I panted, watching in pure lustful desire as he sucked.

My friend, my mentor, my mate?

I couldn't help but arch my back in pleasure as he transferred my nipples to the magic of his hands.

In my ecstasy, my mind was full up of Jack. Nothing else mattered in that moment. Not a worry to bear.

"You are so beautiful." Jack's eyes pinned me in place as he slowly pulled down my sweatpants.

I closed my eyes in bliss as his fingers slid lower. Only to hiss at the sting of his fingers sliding over my bruises.

We both froze at the same time.

Sickly, I tried to pull a pillow to cover myself, but Jack caught my wrist.

Shame crushed me and I quivered, unable to meet his gaze.