Chapter 27 - Making Time

Hi guys!

Just a heads up that this chapter contains graphic sexual scenes, so you might want to skip it if it's not for you!    If you're skipping, you can always read up to the   --**--    before things get steamy!   😉

If you are enjoying the story so far, please comment and vote to let me know! I'd love to see if it's going well!

As the next days passed, I spent more time in fur than in clothes.

With Jack by my side, I explored the capabilities of my new body. Learning to hunt, track and fight.

So many years behind, I felt I'd never catch up to the majesty of everyone else's control.

But being at a disadvantage had never stopped me before.

Jack's encouragement and guidance spurred me on, feeling more and more at one with my wolf.

We thought as one. Moved as one.

The extra power flowing through me from her presence was undeniable.

In one of my few breaks from the forest, I went home for a shower. The hot water soothing my aching body as I wobbled on two feet for the first time in days.

I'd just pulled on an old, faded pair of jeans and a ratty green tank top when there was a knock on the front door.

A thrill passed through me as I thought of Jack, and I skipped to answer.

Instead, Julian's huge frame filled the doorway. His eyes looking curiously passed me into my home.

I shifted awkwardly, motioning for him to head inside.

I chewed my lip as I watched him carefully move through the small room.

His size seemed disproportionate to the space, like an adult sitting in a kindergarten classroom.

The nerves I felt were mirrored on his face as he finally perched on the edge of my dining table, crossing his large arms across his chest.

Grey eyes wandered for another moment before finally running over me.

Other than nerves, his face gave nothing away.

I gestured to the kettle. "Ah... Would you like a drink?"

Shaking his head, he sighed deeply. "I won't be staying. But thank you."

A familiar voice in my mind snorted. 'Has he ever stayed?'

I resisted the urge to smirk, wishing he would get on with whatever he had come to see me about.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, Julian tried a small smile. "Hazel and I have been talking. We would very much like for you to join us for dinner tonight."

I would rather eat wasps.

A jerky smile found its way to my lips. Ingrained politeness kicking in. "Ah that sounds... Lovely?"

The last word sounded more of a question than a statement, but it was the best I could do.

Seeming relieved, Julian was heading for the door, even before I had finished speaking. "That's great, we will see you at eight. James and Anna are looking forward to meeting you properly."

My heart just about fell out of my ass.

James and Anna? Jack's parents?

"Wait!" I tried, rushing after him as he strode out of the door. "You said dinner with you and Hazel..."

He sent a small smirk over his shoulder as he began up the path to the Pack House. "And now I'm saying James and Anna. Be grateful of the warning, James wanted me to leave it as a surprise in case you refused to come."