Chapter 23 - Honest Hearts

I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you that has read and commented on my story. 😊

Your kind words and votes have blown me away and have been a very happy distraction from the sad loss of my mum. 

Thank you to everyone's kind words yesterday. I plan to do her memory proud and finish my book. She always hoped I would make it as a writer.

Please continue to comment and vote! Each time the numbers go up I get giddy and it spurs me on.

Also just wanted to say how much I appreciate your patience for this next chapter! It is a little longer to make up for the wait, I hope it doesn't disappoint! 😉

Waking in Jack's arms the following morning was like finding a warm patch of sun in a dark forest.

Now that the initial shock of hearing my wolf had mellowed, I was aware of another very real change.

I could feel it.

When our eyes met or skin touched, I felt tingles run through me.

It was hard to believe that Jack had ignored this delightful pleasure for so many years.

It wasn't a compulsion, rather a warm fondness that made me want to bask in its beauty and replay it over and over.

Now I thought of all the times he threw a casual arm around my shoulders. How his heart must have leapt and his wolf hum.

The mate bond was like a warming cup of tea on a cold day.

Contentment seeped through me as I nuzzled into his neck. His woody scent even stronger than usual.

I felt him stir and blushed slightly as his midnight gaze settled on me.

A lazy grin tweaking at the corner of his lips. "Hey there, little miss." His eyes roamed over the thin sheet covering my naked body. "It's nice to wake from an amazing dream to an even better one."

He moved to place a lingering kiss on my lips, starting a fire I felt all the way to my toes.

I giggled as he trailed kisses down my neck, wrapping me in his arms and rolling on top of me.

I clung to his shoulders as he sucked my earlobe, the heat of his breath sending goosebumps racing across my skin.

His fingers were just slipping between us, to the hot achy apex of my thighs, when we heard a hammering sound.

Muffled shouts could be heard slightly down the hall, but they were difficult to make out.

Jack frowned. Looking down at me like a starving man might, if their potential meal was being taken away after only a bite.

Sighing he hauled himself up, pulling on his jeans before heading to the door.

His bare feet padded into the hall and he closed the door, providing me only a small moment to hear the ruckus clearly.

The agitated and confused sound of a man called his name, steps rushing to meet him outside my door.

"Isn't you room the next one over..?" I heard as my door clicked closed, reducing everything back to muffles.

I cursed the good soundproofing and hopped out of bed, dressing as quickly as I could. I was just creeping towards the door when it swung back open.

I was eye level with Jack's bare chest. The muscles of his pecs and tight abs drew my eyes to the mouth-watering line of dark hair that beckoned my eyes into his unbuttoned waistband.