Chapter 29 - Death Wish

Hi guys!

So sorry for the delay in updating, I wasn't very well, but I'm fighting fit and back to writing!

I hope this latest chapter was worth the wait!    😁

Luke. Drake's right-hand man.

The only other person I saw during my imprisonment, other than nurses.

Kyle growled, anger flashing in his eyes as he saw my reaction. "You know this piece of shit?"

Snarling, Jack began to advance on the collapsed figure before us.

James quickly shot to his side, putting a staying hand on his arm. "You know we need to question him, son."

I felt two warm arms link with my own, gently pulling me back to my feet.

I was vaguely aware of Hazel and Anna's soft voices either side of me, asking me if I was ok.

But I couldn't answer.

My terror was overwhelming my focus.

As I watched, Luke's eyelids fluttered open, blearily taking in the scene before him.

They settled on me first, a flicker of a smile beginning on his pale face. "So... we meet again, Charlie."

The room erupted in angry snarls. The Alpha's booming voice finally overriding the noise. "Do you have a death wish, boy? Do NOT speak to her!"

Kyle was shaking with rage, his grip tightening in Luke's hair. A little more and the hairs would be pulled at the root.

Jack trembled with the need to move. His eyes were locked on Luke with a bloodlust I could almost taste.

Even Callum looked incensed. Blood drooled sluggishly down his face as he cracked his knuckles. Finally giving in to the urge, he flung out his arm, cracking Luke across the jaw with a warning growl.

At the sound of Julian's voice, Luke's attention swivelled to the huge form of the Alpha.

Luke frowned, seeming baffled for a moment. Blinking his eyes as if to clear them. "Byron?" he mumbled thickly, before spitting out some blood that had collected in his mouth.

The room stilled.

Time itself seemed to be holding it's breath.

The air was thick with tension. Eyes flitting between the Alpha and Luke.

Paling, the Alpha stepped forward. Massive hands balling into tight fists. "How do you know my father?" he snapped, the beginning swirls of anger radiating from him.

Luke squinted again, realisation lighting up his eyes. He began to laugh, a loud guttural noise that bounced around the quiet room.

Hazel flitted to her husband's side, resting a hand on his chest. "Be a father before a son. Charlie needs you to find out what he knows before you kill him." She murmured it quietly, but the room was so silent we could all hear every word.

Eyes flashing, Julian growled low in his throat. The water in the glasses on the table shook with the force of his anger.

He struggled with himself for a moment, before nodding sharply. "Take him down to the cells. We will find out what he knows."

The room began to clear, with Jack shaking in the restraining arms of his father.

Anna still held on to me, more as a prop than anything else, but it was comforting all the same.