Zaya- Right Now

A/N: Hi y'all! Haha remember when I said I was gonna write and post a ton while I was home for winter break? Is anyone surprised that I was lazy instead? In all honesty though I'm sorry that I didn't write as much as I had been going to, but I ended up getting a job while I was home which had me working a ton. Anyways, I'll continue this rambling later. For now, enjoy and see you at the bottom! :)

The first time they had all gone out together, it had been significantly more fun than expected. Zay and Maya had sat in the back of the theatre while Riley and Lucas had sat in the middle. Riley had tried to insist that they should all sit together, not wanting her friends to feel run off, but Maya had assured the girl that she and Zay were not there to intrude on a date between the couple.

The movie had been some cheesy rom-com that Maya just knew Riley had picked. The brunette lived for these movies while Maya merely tolerated them for her friend.

Throughout the film, Zay would periodically lean over to Maya and make comments about various parts of the movie.

"Why is she crying about nothing again?"

"The two guys look the same."

"They never would've gotten there that fast in real life."

Each comment brought a smile to Maya's face, and a few made her laugh out loud, including "Why the hell is he wearing a lime green shirt on a first date?" That particular statement had made soda almost come out of Maya's nose, and an older woman in front of the pair had turned around to glare, causing Maya to hit Zay on the arm and shush him for the time being.

When the group of four met back in the lobby of the theatre, Riley and Lucas looked even more nauseatingly cute than usual.

"We're gonna go get ice cream. Y'all game?" Lucas asked. Maya and Zay looked at each other and both decided that they were done third and fourth wheeling the couple. "Nah, I've gotta get home," Maya started. "Yeah. and I'm gonna walk her," Zay added on. Riley asked if the pair was sure, and after Maya and Zay assured her that they were, the group split off into pairs and made their way in opposite directions down the street.

Halfway to Maya's apartment, the blonde noticed a restaurant that served cookie ice cream sandwiches and pulled Zay inside. "I thought you didn't want ice cream," Zay said with a chuckle as Maya pulled him to join the line. "I didn't wanna get ice cream with Romeo and Juliet," Maya clarified with a laugh, causing Zay to nod in understanding.

The two ordered their treats, and Zay insisted on paying despite Maya trying to talk him out of it. "The guy usually only pays on dates," Maya pointed out as they walked down the counter to wait in the pick up line. "Well, consider this a friend date," Zay replied with a shrug. Maya decided that it was better to not argue as it was already done and there was no changing Zay's mind.

Once they both had their ice cream sandwiches, the two sat in a corner booth eating their treats and talking for ages until they realized that they needed to leave in order to make their curfews.

Outside of Maya's building, the pair hugged a goodbye before going their separate ways. As they later reflected on the night, both teens had to admit that they had had a really fun time with the other.

=======

The first time the group of four had gone to the movies had started a tradition amongst the group for a while. Everytime a movie was playing that was enticing, the group decided to go together. While they were there, Lucas and Riley would sit in one side of the theatre while Maya and Zay sat in another. Afterwards, Riley and Lucas would go do their own thing, and Maya and Zay would walk home, usually stopping for an ice cream sandwich on the way.