Positive (2)

A/N: This took longer than expected, but oh well. Also, this is my 50th one shot! I never thought I'd write so many, so yay! Anyways, enjoy part 2 of Positive!

Previously: "I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant!" Riley repeated over and over, unable to believe it herself.

Now she just had to think. How would she tell Lucas?

"Riley, I'm home!" Lucas called as he entered the apartment. He had just finished his last final before graduation, and he thought he had done pretty well.

He was exhausted. All he wanted to do tonight was relax with his wife.

"Hey handsome," Riley said, coming out of the kitchen and putting the last of the dinner she had cooked on the table.

"Wow, babe. What's all this?" Lucas asked, putting his bag down by the door and his coat in the closet.

"I made lasagna," Riley said, walking over to kiss her husband.

"My favorite," Lucas said, grinning like a child as he kissed his wife hello.

The two ate the meal, telling each other about their day and talking about how excited they were that Lucas was basically a veterinarian.

"So, do you want a drink?" Riley asked after the two had both cleared the table.

"Sure," Lucas answered, wondering just what was up with Riley.

Riley quickly made Lucas his usual scotch neat and took it to him, sitting beside him, her mind thinking of the pregnancy test that was safely in the drawer of the end table beside her.

"Are you not going to get yourself a drink?" Lucas asked, taking note of the water glass in his wife's hand.

"Oh, I won't be getting myself a drink for awhile," Riley answered, a smile creeping up on her face.

It took Lucas a moment, but his face grew the biggest smile Riley had ever seen.

"No," Lucas breathed. "Really?" he asked, the smile getting bigger every second.

Riley reached around to get the test, pushing it into his hands.

"We're gonna have a baby!" Lucas exclaimed, jumping up. Riley stood up as well, and Lucas grabbed her and spun her around.

"We're gonna have a baby," Riley whispered when Lucas put her down.

The two smiled again and kissed before spending the night celebrating their child.

=======

"I think this is the worst I've ever felt," Riley moaned from her spot kneeling in front of the toilet bowl. Morning sickness was kicking her ass, and boy was she feeling it.

Lucas had ran after her to hold back her hair and rub her back when he saw her go green at the scent of the pancakes he had made her. He walked over to the sink in their bathroom and wet a washcloth, handing it to her for her to wipe off her face.

The two had known about Riley's pregnancy for about two weeks, and today was her first appointment. They couldn't be happier.

"Do you think you're ready to get up?" Lucas asked after a few minutes. Riley nodded, and Lucas helped her to her feet before the two got ready for the appointment.

=======

Riley and Lucas had walked into the doctor's office hand in hand, Riley getting more eager to see her baby by the second.

After an agonizing ten minutes, a nurse called her back. The two followed the woman who took Riley's measurements before putting her in a room, telling her that the doctor would be there shortly.