Rucas- Memories (3)

A few weeks went by, and now that Lucas knew that Riley could get into her phone, he texted her periodically to see if she needed anything. Periodic texts turned to periodic calls, which turned to talking everyday. Riley had been reintroduced to Zay and Smackle, and she was slowly turning back into the Riley that they knew.

The only thing that was wrong was her memories. They still hadn't come back. Not even close. It was slowly killing Lucas each time they ran into someone who didn't know she had amnesia and she would look so confused until he whispered a quick explanation.

He met with the other members of the Clique 6. They decided to recreate the key moments since the beginning of seventh grade in an effort to jog her memory.

They started with going to get her. That alone was going to be difficult. Riley was allowed of the house almost never, only allowed to go to Maya's.

Riley told her parents she was going to Maya's. Maya was going to be with them, and Maya's mom and stepdad were out of town for the weekend, so that was good.

After getting Riley out of the house, the two of them went to the subway. Zay, Smackle, and Farkle were on the other side of the subway cart, as they hadn't been there when this happened.

Lucas was already sitting in the seat he had sat in all those years ago, reading the same book. Riley was confused, but Maya had told her to just go with it, Riley doing just that.

"Maya, I ride the subway now," Riley said, an eager look on her face, not realizing that that was very similar to what she had said in seventh grade. "I'm just as cool as you now!"

"Yeah, well let's see how cool you can be when you talk to him," Maya said, pointing to Lucas.

Riley laughed as she looked over her shoulder and saw the familiar face of Lucas reading a book. She turned back and looked at Maya.

"Yeah, you're gonna need some lessons. Let me show you everything you need to know about boys and girls," Maya said, walking over to Lucas.

"Hi, I'm Maya. You're really cute. We should hang out sometime. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. This isn't working out. It's you, not me. We can still be friends, not really," she recited to Lucas, him looking at her resisting the urge to laugh.

"He's available. We just broke up," Maya said as she strided back over to Riley.

"What was that?" Riley asked, laughing.

"You think to much. Let's not think," Maya said, taking Riley's wrist and removing it from the bar.

Suddenly, the train started moving, causing Riley to fly back, Lucas reaching out to catch her like he had then.

"Hi. I'm Riley. We were just talking about you," Riley said with humor in her voice, once again unaware of the fact that she had just said exactly what she said in the seventh grade.

"I'm Lucas," Lucas said, nodding his head. Riley just sat, seemingly unsure of what to say. Maya ran over behind her ear.

"Say you love it," she whispered before going back to where she was before.

"I love it," Riley said, her awkwardness coming out.

Lucas laughed and slid Riley beside him.

"What was that?" Riley asked, laughing.

"That was how you met me," Lucas answered.

"Really?" she asked. It felt vaguely familiar, but not really. Almost as if she had dreamed it once upon a time.

"Yeah. Maya and I remembered just about everything we had said on this day, and surprisingly you said just about what you said back then. Your subconscious must have remembered it," Lucas said.