Everyone- Shots

TRIGGER WARNING: GUN VIOLENCE AND SCHOOL SHOOTING

It was the beginning of the winter semester. Every year their principal did an "encouragement speech" in an effort to get kids motivated to come back to school. Being her junior year, this was Riley's third time hearing it. It was extremely boring, and Riley was insanely jealous of her boyfriend Lucas and Zay who got to be out on the baseball field for extra practice.

Maya was sitting on Riley's left, Farkle and Smackle on her right. They were texting each other in a group message the group of six had. Lucas and Zay were going to be mad at all the texts, they had, but the four in the auditorium couldn't care less.

Finally, after what the group of four was sure had to be at least ten years, the principal dismissed the students out of the auditorium. Riley and her friends had been sitting towards the front of the auditorium, so they almost didn't hear someone yell that the doors were locked.

"What do they mean the doors are locked?" Riley asked, turning to Maya. Maya looked confused too. She eyed the walls of the auditorium, and noticed a shadow along a dark wall.

"Riley honey, come with me," Maya said nervously, dragging Riley towards one of the more middle rows of the auditorium. Farkle and Smackle noticed the immediate change of behavior, and followed the two girls.

"What are you doing?" Riley asked, Farkle and Smackle behind her now. Maya never once took her eyes off the shadow in the corner, who had moved now and definitely had something in his hand.

Suddenly, he moved.

"Get down," Maya said suddenly, pushing the three and herself to the ground in the middle of the aisle.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Three teachers fell to the ground, dead. Screams were heard from all the students as they all ducked to the ground.

"Peaches?" Riley whispered, every bit of terror she was feeling etched on her face. Farkle was holding Smackle protectively, Maya doing the same for Riley.

=======

The baseball team was running laps on the track at the back of the school when they heard the faint sound of gunshots.

"What the hell was that?" Lucas asked Zay, stopping in an attempt to hear more.

"That sounded like-" Zay started, unable to even say the word.

"But it couldn't be," Lucas said. Another shot was heard, which confirmed it for the two.

They broke into a dead sprint to their coach.

"Coach!" they screamed.

"Friar! Babineaux! Why'd you stop running?" the coach asked, having been too far away from the building.

"Gun shots. In the building," Lucas said in between breaths. The coach grew pale. He pulled out his phone and handed it to Zay.

"Call 911. I'm going to try and get in," the coach said, sprinting to the doors of the school. Lucas started running after him.

"Where are you going?" Zay asked.

"She's in there. They all are. I can't just leave them there," Lucas said, the Texas version of him very evident in his voice.

"So you're going to go into the building with the gunman? I love them too, Lucas, but that's just plain stupid," Zay tried to convince.

"Are you going to help me or am I doing this alone?" Lucas asked, every part of Western hero showing.

"Of course I'm going to help you," Zay said, giving the phone to another player and running up to the door.

=======