Joshaya- Trust Me, Please

Maya Hart was walking, well stomping actually, down a cold street of Manhattan. She was furious, and there was no stopping her.

======

She had been hanging out with Josh at his dorm. She was freshly 18, so the two were dating officially.

The two were kissing, well on their way to more. The high school junior, no matter how much she loved Josh, really wanted to wait until she was out of high school to sleep with him. So, she stopped it.

"Josh," she whispered as he kissed her neck. He either didn't hear her or he was ignoring her.

"Josh," she said a little louder. Still nothing.

"Josh!" she finally yelled, sliding out from under him.

"What?" he asked, sitting up with a sigh.

"You know what," she said, slightly angry.

"No, I don't know!" Josh yelled. "We've both been waiting for each other for four years at least! We love each other! Why are you so negative to the idea?"

"I don't know! Why are you so mad?" Maya yelled back, astonished that Josh was acting like this.

Josh just stood there, looking at her. Tears sprung to Maya's eyes.

"I don't know what I did," Maya whispered, running quickly out of his dorm.

"You didn't do anything," Josh said to himself, realizing what he had done. "Maya!" he called, running out of his dorm after her. When he got out there, she was gone.

======

That was three days ago. The two had been avoiding each other ever since. He had been working at Topanga's lately, and whenever he was working Maya downright refused to go in.

Josh had almost gone to see Maya so many times, Maya having almost done the same a whole lot too.

Tonight, as she made her way down the street like a woman on a mission, she wasn't going to avoid it. If Josh wasn't going to talk to her, she was going to talk to him until he did.

======

Topanga's was closed and Josh was the only one left in there, all the other employees having gone home already. He had volunteered to stay late to close and clean up, relishing in the alone time.

Suddenly, the door burst open. He hadn't locked it, thinking people could read the closed sign.

"We're closed," He said, his back to the door.

"Not for me," the voice he would know anywhere said. Josh quickly turned around, and saw Maya.

"Maya," Josh started, making his way out from behind the counter.

"You're a real ass, you know that?" Maya yelled.

"Maya, I'm really sorry," Josh said.

"You have no right to talk now! You never want to talk to me! All you do is sulk and then walk away! And I'm done. If you don't want to talk to me, fine! Just let me know now, because I'm done waiting for you!" Maya screamed, walking up to Josh with fire in her eyes.

"I know. I was a jerk," Josh said.

"You were more than a jerk!" Maya screamed still.

"Maya, let me explain myself!" Josh yelled.

"Why? It's just gonna be one of the excuses that you always give me!" Maya yelled back, turning to walk out the door, having said all that she wanted to.

Josh walked up to her, grabbing her arm and spinning her around to look at him.

"Let go of me," Maya growled.

"Maya, I was out of my mind. I guess I'm just so crazy about you that I couldn't control myself. I will never, ever do that again. I will never try to force you into something you don't want to do. I promise. Please believe me," Josh said, trying his hardest to explain the worst thing he had done.

"How do I know that?" Maya whispered. "Trust me, please," Josh begged.

Maya thought for a minute. "People change people," she thought. Josh had had one stupid moment. He wasn't a pervert. He was a guy who made a mistake.

Maya wasn't stupid. She wasn't one of those girls who always went back to the guy no matter what he did. But she did believe in second chances. Everyone deserves them.

"I do trust you Josh," She said, looking into his eyes.

"Good, because I love you more than you know," Josh said, resting his forehead on hers. Maya smiled.

"I need to go home," she whispered. "I'll walk you," Josh replied, grabbing his jacket and his keys, locking Topanga's behind him.

The two walked hand in hand, troubles behind them.

A/N: This was just a little Joshaya fic inspired by an episode of Gilmore Girls. Hope you guys like it.