Rucas- Casual Affair

A/N: Inspired by a video edit on YouTube and the song Casual Affair by P!ATD

What would have happened if Riley and Lucas had met when they were older, when they were more mature?

This doesn't have smut, but it does get close, so once again, if that's not your thing don't read.

He first saw her on the subway. He had just moved to New York from Texas, and didn't have a clue if he was even on the right train to get to his school. She seemed to be with another girl, a blonde who he had to admit was pretty, but not as beautiful as she was. He was about to work up the nerve to get up and talk to her when suddenly, she came his way.

"Woah!" she yelled as she seemed to have lost her grip and flew back in his direction. He reached out to catch her, and she landed in his lap.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Riley Super Klutz was just apparently out today," she said with a smile. She slid off his lap and into the spot next to him.

"So your name is Riley?" he inquired.

"Yeah, Riley Matthews," she said, still smiling.

"I'm Lucas. Lucas Friar," he replied.

"Lucas, huh? Well I take this train everyday and I've never seen you on it, so where are you from?" Riley asked, ever the curious one.

"Austin, Texas. My dad just got a job here," Lucas explained.

"Well, Lucas, I hope to see you around," Riley said, slipping a pen out of the side of the bag on her back and taking his hand. She quickly wrote something on it, and stood up.

"Call me sometime," she said with a wink, and walked back over to her friend, who looked very proud.

Lucas looked at his hand, and saw a phone number with a small heart beside it. He smiled at her, and saw her get off the train at the stop that they were at.

=======

Riley Matthews walked into her first block class, History that her father taught her, with her best friend Maya Hart.

"I can't believe you were so good at talking to that guy! I could've never done it!" Maya said as they walked to their seats. They were juniors in high school, and they had been friends since they were seven.

"Says the one that is amazing at talking to one, Josh Matthews," Riley said matter-of-factly. Josh was her uncle, who was a surprise for her grandparents and was only 20. Maya had liked him since she was fourteen.

"Josh is different. I've known him almost as long as I've known you. This is some random hot guy you met on the subway. That was bold and beautiful. I'm so proud of my little Riles!" Maya said, with the closest thing that Maya ever got to a squeal.

Riley just smiled and sat in her seat, taking her books from her backpack as the bell rang.

=======

It was about twenty minutes into class when the door opened. It was a guy whom the girls immediately recognized.

"It's the guy from the subway!" Riley whispered to Maya excitedly.

"Who are you?" Mr. Matthews asked.

"Lucas Friar from Austin, Texas," Lucas replied.

"Well, Mr. Friar. Welcome to New York. There's a seat right there," Mr. Matthews greeted as he pointed to a seat beside Riley.

"You could have told me you were going to Abigail Adams. You obviously got lost on your way here," Riley whispered as her father's back was to them.