Rucas: Rescue of a Brunette

TRIGGER WARNING: RAPE AND VIOLENCE

Riley Matthews was walking home from working at Topanga's one day. The sixteen-year-old was alone, Maya at home with the flu. Riley was going to go home and change before going over to Maya's to check on her.

She went down the alley that took her to her street. It was almost dark, but Riley went this way anyway because it was about five minutes shorter than other ways.

Suddenly, a man pulled her behind a dumpster. Riley's eyes grew wide. She screamed once before her mouth was covered. "Shut up, bitch," the man said. She couldn't see his face due to the shadows.

Riley kept struggling, until she saw him pull out a knife. She went silent.

The man began to cut her clothes, and Riley began to silently cry.

=======

Meanwhile, Lucas Friar was walking down the street, intent on seeing Riley. He was walking past an alley when he heard a scream. He quickly turned. He would know that voice anywhere.

=======

"Riley?" Lucas yelled as he advanced down the alley. Riley's eyes grew. Lucas would save her. She stayed quiet, not wanting to tip the man off.

He was slowly cutting her shirt, clearly enjoying the moment like the sick man he was. He finished cutting it, and ripped it off her body before moving to her pants. Riley desperately hoped Lucas would find her soon.

Within seconds, Lucas came across a dumpster. He heard noises behind it. "That must be her!" he thought. He walked behind it, grabbing a metal bar from the top of the trash on his way around. He caught a glimpse of Riley, his Riley, in only a bra, her shirt having been cut, with a small cut bleeding on her stomach that had obviously nicked her.

"I'll kill him," Lucas thought. He advanced quickly. "Get away from her!" he screamed, surprising the man.

The man quickly grabbed Riley and stood up, placing her in front of him with the knife at her throat. "Let me have my fun. She seems like a beautiful girl to have fun with. You can't have her. She's mine."

Lucas was seething. In a moment that felt to Riley like it lasted about two seconds but in reality lasted probably five minutes, Lucas was knocking the knife out of the man's hand, pulling Riley away, and hitting the man until he was unconscious. Riley ran into Lucas's arms.

"I got you. It's ok baby. I'm right here," he whispered in her ear, ignoring the man lying on the ground. After a moment Lucas realized that he should call the police before the man woke up.

"I need to call the police," Lucas said, pulling out his phone. "Cover up with my jacket," he said, handing it to her, realizing how uncomfortable she probably was being in only a bra and partially cut off pants.

Riley quietly walked to the other side of the alley and sat on the ground, letting what just happened sink in. She was almost raped. She would have been if Lucas hadn't come and saved her. He did love her.

The two had been wrestling with their feelings for years, worried that a second time would turn out like the first, neither of them strong enough for that. She had known ever since she first fell into his lap on the subway that she loved him.

"911, what's your emergency?" the operator asked Lucas. "Hi, my, uh, girlfriend was just almost raped. The guy is unconscious because I hit him. Can you please send whoever it is you need to send to the alley behind Greenwich Apartments on Perry Street?" Lucas said, as calmly as he could manage. He was still furious, but he was trying his best to keep his cool for Riley's sake.

"They're on their way," the operator said. She said a few more things to Lucas before he hung up. He went and sat by Riley, and she sat her head on his shoulder, content to just sit in silence as they waited for the sirens.

=======

About five minutes later was when the police showed up. They were followed not long after by an ambulance. The ambulance gave Riley a blanket and tended to her cuts while the police asked her and Lucas questions.

"What is your relation to the victim?" a police officer asked. "Her name is Riley, and she's my girlfriend," Lucas answered. Riley looked at him for a second, but didn't say anything. Lucas and Riley both told their stories, which lined up with the rapist, who had woken up by this point.

"Can I go home now?" Riley asked, exhausted and just wanting to put on more clothes. "I'm going to take you home. Where do you live?" the officer asked. Riley and Lucas both pointed to the back of her building, which was right beside the group. The officer began walking the two to the front of the building where the door was.

=======

Cory Matthews was pacing the floor. His daughter should have been home two hours ago. She was not one to break curfew without at least calling him, and he knew something just had to be wrong. He had already called his wife Topanga, and she was rushing home from a case she had been working on.

Topanga had just walked in when there was a knock at the door. Cory ran to it.

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews?" the officer asked. "Yes?" Topanga asked, running to the door as well. "I brought your daughter home. We need to talk," he said, stepping out of the way to show Riley and Lucas, Riley clad in her blanket and cut pants.

"What happened?" Topanga asked, shocked to see her daughter's disheveled state, pulling her quickly into a hug. "What did he do?" Cory yelled, beginning toward Lucas before being stopped by Riley's small voice. "He saved me."

"He what?" Cory asked, stopping suddenly.

"Sit down Mr. and Mrs. Matthews. Riley, you and Lucas should go into another room so this conversation can be private," the officer said. Riley and Lucas nodded, and walked to Riley's room.

"Your daughter was walking home down the alley behind your building today when she was attacked. A rapist who we have been trying to catch for weeks tried to rape her," Cory and Topanga gasped, Topanga beginning to tear up. "Lucas saved her. He heard her and beat off the attacker before he could violate your daughter. It could have been much worse if it wasn't for him." The couple smiled lightly. The officer told them that it would be wise to leave Riley alone for the night before talking to her about the events of the day. The couple smiled again before thanking the officer and walking him out.

=======

Meanwhile, Lucas was sitting at the bay window while Riley changed in her closet. She put on a t-shirt and sweatpants before sitting beside Lucas.

"I can never thank you enough," she said after a minute. "You don't have to," he replied as she laid her head on his shoulder once again. They were quiet for another minute before Riley spoke again.

"I'm your girlfriend, huh?" she asked with a smile, sitting up to look at him. Lucas smiled and looked away for a second before looking back at her. "If you want to be," he answered. "You have no idea how much," she whispered, gazing into his eyes.

"I didn't know it earlier, but this is my moment. I once told you that my moment would be my moment. This is it. My moment is right now, sitting here, being your rock. Because whenever you need me, I'm here. I will always be here," Lucas said, gazing at Riley the same way. She was smiling even bigger now.

Lucas leaned in gently, not knowing if she would want to kiss him after the day she's had. Riley closed the gap, kissing the love of her life gently. It was soft and sweet, yet full of years of love at the same time.

It could only be described as perfect, which is exactly what the two had always hoped for.

They spent the rest of the night sitting at the bay window, Riley content to sit in Lucas's arms, and Lucas content to hold her there as long as she needed.