Joshaya- Newlyweds

A/N: I've been trying to write this for like two weeks but nothing wanted to come out until tonight, so sorry about that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Today was the day Maya Hart had been looking forward to since she was 14. Today, she was finally becoming part of the Matthews family.

She was finally marrying Josh Matthews.

======

Maya Hart was full of simplicity, so whenever she and Josh had gotten engaged, she had wanted a relatively small wedding. Josh was more than ok with this, not wanting to deal with a large wedding anyway.

They had decided to get married at Topanga's, thinking that there could be no place more perfect.

Topanga had closed the cafe the two days before the wedding, wanting everything to be perfect for her brother-in-law and the girl who was much like her own daughter.

Now, it was Saturday, and the two were getting married in about two hours.

=======

Maya was back in Topanga's office, it being plenty large enough for the bridal party to get ready. With her was her mother, Topanga, Amy, Smackle, and Riley.

Maya came out from behind the makeshift changing room they had made in her dress, and everyone else in the room gasped.

Maya had yet to look in a mirror, so she had no idea what everyone else was gasping at. "How do I look, Mom?" she asked Katy.

Katy had tears in her eyes as she walked up to her daughter. "You look beautiful, baby girl," Katy said quietly.

The women enjoyed a few more minutes alone before there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Maya called. Shawn peeked his head around the door.

He gasped once he caught a glimpse of Maya, going the rest of the way in.

"Wow, Maya. You look amazing," he said, looking at the girl who had been his step daughter for going on ten years.

"Thanks, Shawn," she said, smiling softly as she looked down at her dress.

"Well, they're ready for you. Time to get the show on the road," Shawn said, looking wistful.

The group then went to take their places. Riley was Maya's maid of honor, of course, and Smackle was her only other bridesmaid, so it wasn't long until it was time for Maya to walk down the aisle.

=======

Josh had been anxious for this all day. He just could not wait to turn Maya Hart into Maya Matthews. He had been waiting for this since he was seventeen.

Once it was time for him to stand with the minister and wait for Maya, time seemed to slow even more.

The first glimpse he caught of her made his breath hitch in his throat. She was beautiful. Beyond beautiful. More like gorgeous.

She winked at him from the end of the aisle, and Josh just kept smiling like the lovesick fool he was.

When she finally reached him, it was all he could do to keep from kissing her.

=======

"These two have decided to write their own vows," the minister said to the small crowd. "Maya, would you like to start?"

Maya cleared her throat and began. "When I was seven years old, my dad left. It has shaped the way my life is even today. I had a really hard time trusting people. The only people I really trusted were my mom and the Matthews family, including you.

As we grew up together, I started to see you as more than just Riley's uncle. You were my friend too. When I was fourteen, I finally admitted to myself, and to your face, that I liked you. I could see in your eyes that you felt the same way, but you were your ever responsible self. You waited until I was eighteen to even give me a chance, something I'm grateful for now.

Josh Matthews, I love you with every ounce of my being. You are something in my life that I can always count on, and someone that I know will always have my back. I love you so much."

She finished with tears in her eyes, some in Josh's as well. There actually wasn't a dry eye in the restaurant.

"Josh, your turn," the minister said after giving them a moment.

"My first memory is my brother telling me that maybe one day I'll meet someone as wonderful as Topanga, who I have to admit is just amazing. Then, I met that girl.

Maya Penelope Hart, you are my someone as wonderful as Topanga, and I could never be more grateful to have found you in this crazy, messed up, beautiful world of ours.

You are something in my world that never fails to make me smile. You also never fail to amaze me with the depths of your strength. I love you more than anything else, and I promise to keep loving you until God paints the final brush stroke on the painting of our lives."

Maya was crying more now, attempting to use a tissue to keep her makeup from running.

The minister finished saying the final things he had to say. Finally he said the words the couple had been waiting for.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. Josh, you may kiss the bride," the minister said with a smile.

Josh wasted no time pulling Maya in for a kiss, the newlyweds finally able to call themselves just that.

A/N: This one is pretty short, but I liked where it ended so I stopped there. If y'all want me to do a reception/honeymoon or something fic then just comment and I'll do my best. As always, thanks for reading and I'll see you next time :)