Joshaya- You Should Be

A/N: This is inspired by a prompt I saw on Tumblr. Enjoy :)

Maya Hart had just gotten home from a lovely date with her boyfriend Josh. He had taken her to the movies and to dinner before walking her home. She practically had to push him out of her apartment, having homework she wanted to finish before he could spend the night the next night, as her mother and stepfather were out of town for the week taking a little vacation just the two of them.

About two hours into her homework, Maya was about three quarters of the way through her homework and in need of a midnight snack. She thought that she would walk down the street to the local 24-hour drugstore, intent on ice cream, hot cheetos, and an Arizona Tea.

She walked in the store and grabbed the things she needed. When she was in line waiting to check out, a guy behind her started talking to her.

"Midnight snack?" he asked.

"Study fuel," she answered.

He nodded. "Need a study buddy?" he asked with a smirk.

Maya smiled. "Thanks, but I'm okay," she said as she walked up to the cashier and sat her things on the counter.

The guy sat his things on there as well. "Let me get hers," he said to the cashier.

Maya tried to object, but before she could say anything he had already paid. Maya quickly grabbed her bags and started to make her way out of the store. She pulled out her phone and sent Josh her location. She didn't think this guy would be trouble, but just on the off chance that he was, Maya wanted Josh here.

Maya didn't get far before the guy was right beside her. "Are you sure you want to be alone tonight?" he asked, his face right next to her ear.

"Look, I'm flattered, but I'm really okay," Maya said, pushing him away from her.

"Ooh, feisty," he said with a smirk. He got closer to her face. "I like that."

Maya grew a scowl. "Seriously dude. Back off," she said, trying to make her voice sound as scary as possible.

The guy scoffed. "Come on. Do you seriously think I'm scared of a woman?" he said.

With that, Maya gave him a look that could kill. She got right close to his face, to where it looked like she was close enough to kiss him. She looked him dead in the eye, and kicked him as hard as she could in the balls.

He fell down, grabbing himself and moaning.

"I think you should be," Maya said, still as scary as she was a minute before.

Maya just stood beside him, pressing a foot down on his dick so that he wouldn't move. She didn't want to leave until Josh got there, not wanting to freak him out if she wasn't there when he got there.

The guy didn't even speak. Maya guessed that she had shown him enough that he was too scared of her to do anything.

A few minutes later, Maya was standing there with her foot still in the same position as she scrolled through her phone when Josh ran up, out of breath.

He started to say something before he took notice of the guy on the ground. "Oh," he started, still out of breath, "I see that you took care of that."

Maya laughed slightly before walking over to Josh, letting him pull her into a hug. "Walk me home?" Maya asked, looking up at him.

"Of course," Josh said, not about to let her walk by herself anyway, especially not at this moment.

=======

When the pair got back to Maya's apartment, Josh decided to stay for a little while. Maya told him to sit quietly while she finished her homework, wanting to be able to focus on him completely when she was done.

Maya was done in about twenty minutes. The pair then decided to have a movie night as they shared the snacks that Maya had gone out and bought, not wanting them to go to waste.

They watched their movie and ate their snacks, enjoying each other's company. When the movie was over, it was nearing three in the morning. The pair realized how tired they truly were, and decided to go to bed.

Josh crawled in beside Maya, her not wanting him to walk all the way back to his dorm. She loved when he slept there, her getting to use him as a pillow and him being happy to let her.

She laid her head on his chest and he kissed the top of her head before the pair fell into a deep sleep.

=======

The next morning at around 11, Josh awoke to an empty bed. He heard someone in the kitchen and got up to check it out.

It was Maya, making pancakes while wearing Josh's hoodie that he had worn over. He had taken it off before bed the previous night.

Josh went up behind Maya and placed his hands around her stomach. "Good morning," he said softly.

"Good morning," she replied, placing the last pancake on a plate before turning around to kiss Josh good morning.

The two fixed themselves plates before sitting at the kitchen table. They both took notice of how much of a married couple they seemed like.

"This is very domestic," Josh started. "I like it. It feels right."

Maya smiled and reached over to grab Josh's hand. "It feels perfect," she said with a smile.

The two went back to their meal enjoying it and each other as they got a glimpse into what their future would hold.