Joshaya- We Won the Long Game

A/N: This came out way faster than I thought. This is the fic that was supposed to come out tomorrow. Oh well. Hope you enjoy this fic an hour after the last one!

It was a special Friday night in the Matthews household, something that meant it was Family Game Night. Family by the blood sense of the word had grown to be a loose term over the years.

Now, the occupants of the monthly occurrence were Maya, as usual, the Matthews family, of course, Ava, Zay, Lucas, Farkle, Smackle, and Josh. The group had began coming regularly throughout the years of high school, and now they were just as much a family as any other.

Maya showed up early that afternoon to set up as she usually did. Popcorn was popped, Riley already on her third bowl, and everyone but Josh there when the doorbell rang.

"I got it," Maya yelled, this being basically her own home anyway. Riley mumbled something with a mouth full of popcorn, something Maya chose to ignore.

Maya had turned 18 the previous week. Josh had been out of town for her birthday, but he had called her at exactly midnight. This would be the first time they would have seen each other now that she was 18.

Maya had always assumed since she and Josh had made their long game deal that it really meant they would wait until she was 18. Now that she was, she assumed the two of them would talk about what they would be.

Maya opened the door, expecting to only see Josh. However she saw two people- Josh, and a girl.

"Hey," she greeted with a smile, recovering from the shock of seeing Josh not alone quickly.

"Hey," Josh said, gesturing for the girl to go in, following behind her with his hand at the small of her back.

"Who's this?" Maya asked, attempting to sound like she was not insanely jealous.

"Oh, Maya, meet Amanda," Josh introduced. "Amanda, this is my niece's best friend and my friend Maya."

"Oh, Maya! I've heard a few stories about you!" Amanda greeted. Maya smiled politely.

"Only good ones, I hope," she said, plastering a fake smile on her face.

"Of course," Amanda said with a laugh.

Josh walked the rest of the way into the apartment, introducing Amanda to everyone else.

"Bay window. Bay window right now," Maya said after having walked over to Riley. Riley stood up and excused the two of them.

"What is your problem?" Riley asked when she sat down beside Maya.

"Who is that?" Maya asked.

"Well, Josh said her name was Amanda," Riley said.

"Yeah, I got that. But why is she here? Why did he bring her?" Maya asked.

"I don't know," Riley said, at a loss for words.

"I thought long game meant wait until I'm 18. Well, I'm 18. And he shows up to game night with a girl. Am I really so stupid to think we could have dated?" Maya asked, looking at Riley for answers.

Riley scooted towards Maya and put her arm around her shoulders. "You are nowhere near stupid," Riley said.

"Thanks," Maya said. Riley didn't know what else to say, so the two just sat.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Riley called. Josh came into the doorway.

"Cory said that if you two don't get out of the window and come play we're starting without you," Josh said.