Joshaya/Rucas- Drunk in Love

TRIGGER WARNING: ALCOHOL

A/N: If you don't like fics with people being drunk or sexual innuendo. Don't read this. There is no smut though, so you don't have to worry about that.

"Riley, I really don't think you should go," Lucas said as he followed Riley around her bedroom as she began to get ready. "Why not?" Riley asked as she walked into her closet looking for an outfit, closing the door to change.

"Because there's going to be a lot of people. I'm not able to go and therefore make sure you are ok. There will be sleazy guys that manage to find their way in. There will be alcohol. Should I continue?" Lucas said.

"Lucas, I will be fine. I'm a big girl. I don't need my boyfriend to protect me," Riley said reassuringly as she walked out of her closet in a very cute dress and leggings. "Why can't you come anyway?"

"I have loads of homework to do by Monday. Thought if I did it tonight then we could hang out tomorrow," Lucas explained.

"Ooh! I have an idea!" Riley said suddenly. "My parents are out of town this weekend with Auggie and Josh is staying here because of the flood at his dorm, so why don't you do your homework here? He can help you if you need it, and he's not boring."

"I don't know, Riley," Lucas hesitated. "I mean, does Josh really want to hang out with a junior all night?"

"I'd love to Howdy. And thanks, niece, for mentioning that I'm not boring. I appreciate it," Josh said from the doorway where he had been standing for a few minutes.

"Thanks, Josh. I think I'll do that," Lucas said as Josh nodded and walked away.

"Riley, are you sure?" Lucas asked again.

"Yes, I'm sure. Now, let me grab my purse and-"

In a moment, Lucas had tackled her to her bed. Lucas, however, underestimated Riley, so he was barely holding her down. In a second, she flipped the two over so that she was on top. "I love you, but I'm still going to the party," Riley said, kissing Lucas for a moment before getting up. She went to the side of the bed, grabbing her purse.

Lucas grabbed her arm. In a lovey-dovey voice he said, "Nooooo. Come back. We can do more of that." He smirked, winking at her.

"Another night, my dear cowboy. Tonight, I'm going to that party with Maya," Riley said as the doorbell rang.

Josh had been in the living room when he heard the doorbell rang. He opened the door to see a blonde that hadn't seen in a few weeks wearing a deep purple v-neck long sleeve top and black jeans.

"Hey, blondie. Why are you all prettied up?" Josh greeted.

"A party, Boing. Riley and I are going to a party," Maya said as Josh motioned for her to come in. "Riley!" Maya called.

Riley and Lucas walked into the living room. "Peaches you look lovely!" Riley said as she walked over to her best friend. "As do you Riley," Maya said.

"You two be safe," Josh said as the girls made their way to the door. Lucas pulled Riley to the side before she got to the door.

"I'm done asking you not to go. That hasn't gone in my favor. Just please, don't do anything stupid. And if you do do anything stupid, please call me," Lucas whispered to Riley. "I will, I promise. I love you," Riley said. "I love you too," Lucas replied.

The two began to walk back to Maya and Josh. "Are you two lovebirds done?" Maya asked. They nodded. Maya wrapped her arm around Riley's. "Ok then. We're going. Don't wait up!" Maya called as the two walked out the door and went on their way to the party.