Joshaya- Movie-filled Nights

"It's getting late," Josh said one night as he and his girlfriend Maya Hart walked down the street. Maya at freshly 18, the two had been dating for about a month.

"I'm not tired," Maya said with a smile, despite the fact that she had school the next day.

"Then you wanna come hang out at my place for a little bit? Andrew's gone for the week at his parents', so I've got it all to myself," Josh suggested.

"Sounds perfect," she said with a warm smile, Josh putting his arm around her shoulders as the two walked to Josh's dorm.

=======

"So, favorite movie?" Josh asked as the two sat on his bed, Maya with her legs across Josh's lap.

"High School Musical," Maya answered almost instantly. Josh groaned.

"What?" she asked with a laugh.

"I hate that movie," Josh said, a look of humor and disgust on his face.

Maya gasped. "How the hell could you hate High School Musical?"

Josh laughed. "Gee, I don't know. Maybe because I'm a guy?"

Maya sat up, removing her legs from Josh's lap. Josh knew he was in for a speech.

"That does not matter. High School Musical is amazing. It's a classic. The tale of a nerdy girl falling in love may be a cliche, but the musical element of it makes it all it's own." Maya said.

"High School Musical is a movie that makes you feel like everything is good. You can sing and dance to it all, and just have fun watching it. It's amazing. How could you hate that?" Maya asked, looking at Josh.

Josh laughed. "Well maybe I didn't watch it right the first time. Maybe I need to watch it again. Do you wanna?"

"As if that's even a question," Maya said incredulously, reaching to Josh's desk to grab his laptop, him pulling up Netflix.

=======

"...we're soarin'! Flyin'! There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach!" Maya sang, Josh laughing as he looked at her. She had been this way the whole movie, singing every song.

Eventually the movie ended, Josh shutting the laptop and Maya sitting it back on the desk.

"Turns out I just needed to watch it again. You were right. It's a great movie," Josh said as he laid with his arm around Maya.

Maya yawned. "I should go home. I have school tomorrow," Maya said.

"It's like 11:00. You don't need to go home this late. Just text your mom and tell her you're staying here," Josh said.

"Ok," Maya said, texting her mother. Katy was surprisingly ok with it.

The two talked for awhile more before falling asleep around 2:00. They laid in each other's arms as they slept.

=======

Maya was awoken the next morning by the sound of her alarm buzzing on the table. She groaned and hit the stop button in an attempt to turn the Satan-like thing off before it woke Josh up.

She removed herself from the tangled limbs and stood up, examining the room. She didn't want to go to school in the same clothes as yesterday.

She removed the sweatpants Josh had given her to wear and pulled on her jeans from the previous day. She walked over to Josh's closet and pulled out a sweatshirt from it. She took of the shirt she was wearing and pulled the sweatshirt over her body. The shirt was Josh's, so she wanted to leave that there too.

She quietly padded over to the mirror and examined her hair. It was in pretty good shape. She ran her fingers through it quickly before taking one of Josh's beanies from on top of the desk and pulling it over her blonde waves, calling her look good.

She walked over to where Josh was lying, and saw him stir. He began to wake up, but Maya quickly walked up and sat on the side of the bed.

"Go back to sleep," she whispered, running her hand through Josh's hair.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked.

"I have to go to school," Maya answered.

"I'll drive you," Josh said, getting up.

"No, it's fine. Go back to sleep," Maya said as she pulled on her converse.

"No, your backpack is already in my car. Let me drive you," Josh said groggily as he stood up and pulled on a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

"Hey, is that my sweatshirt?" Josh asked when he woke up enough to really look at Maya.

Maya blushed. "Yeah."

"Thief," Josh said with a smirk, walking up to Maya.

"Borrower," the high school senior corrected as she closed the space between her and Josh. She placed her arms on his shoulders as he placed his arms around her waist.

"Borrow my clothes any time you want. I like it," Josh said with a smile. Maya laughed and kissed him for a moment before she broke away.

"Ok. Time for school," Josh said as he and Maya walked out of his dorm and to his car.

========

Maya had texted Riley to say that she wasn't going to be able to ride the subway with her this morning. When Josh pulled up to the school, the two saw Riley walking through the doors.

"Thanks for the ride," Maya said. "No problem," Josh replied.

"Thanks for last night. I had a great time," Maya said.

"So did I. I've got a new favorite movie now," Josh said with a smirk. Maya kissed him and moved to grab her backpack from the backseat.

"I'll call you later," she said as she opened the door.

"I'll be looking forward to it. That and more movie-filled nights," Josh said with a smirk.

Maya laughed and closed the car door, walking into school. Josh sighed as he watched to make sure she got in before driving back to NYU.