Joshaya- Tutor

A/N: I'd been meaning to write this fic for awhile, but I kept getting Rucas ideas so I kept putting it off. Then today, my proofreader Sam told me and joshaya_is_forever suggested that I should write a Joshaya fic next. Thus, Tutor. I got this idea from a page on Tumblr, I don't remember which one, so creds to them.

Josh Matthews was sitting in his dorm at NYU one fall day. He had just finished midterms, and he was exhausted. Outside, he heard footsteps. He knew exactly who it had to be, but he sat still for one last minute before he heard many knocks on his door.

"Josh! Open up! I really need to talk to you! Josh! Come on! Open up!" the voice called, knocking about three million times in the amount of time that it took Josh to walk across the small dorm room. He opened the door, and all he saw was blonde hair as she rushed by.

"Maya what is wrong?" Josh asked with a laugh as Maya flopped on her back on Josh's bed. "I'm failing geometry!" Maya yelled. "What?" Josh asked. "Freshman year, I was actually surprisingly decent at algebra. Did I get an A? No. Did I anywhere near fail? No. And now I'm taking geometry and I can't get it. I'm failing. And we have a test on Friday that if I don't pass I'm gonna have to retake this course and I can't afford that!" Maya ranted as Josh sat down at his desk.

"Maya," Josh said, grabbing her hand and pulling her to a sitting up position. "What?" Maya asked, out of breath from her little freak out. "I can help you," Josh said with a smile.

"You can?" Maya almost squealed. "Yeah. I was pretty good at geometry, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to tutor you," Josh said.

Maya jumped up and threw her arms around Josh's neck and hugged him tightly. Josh hugged her back, letting it slide for now.

Maya was a sophomore in high school. She had just recently turned sixteen, which meant that she only had two more years until she was eighteen. The two teens couldn't wait. They had decided that rather than just waiting for "Someday", they would try to date when Maya turned eighteen. They were counting down the days until that happened.

The two teens discussed plans to meet the next day right after Maya got out of school. Maya stood to leave and walked to the door. "Hey Maya," Josh said. "Yeah?" she asked.

"715 days," Josh said, knowing she would know what it would meant. "715 days," Maya repeated before smiling and walking out of the door and to her apartment.

=======

"I just don't get it!" Maya huffed, flopping back on the chair.

Josh tried to sit her back up, but Maya was like a lump. "No. Just leave me here to fail like I'm destined to," Maya whined dramatically. "Come on. The test is tomorrow. You'll get it. You can do this. Here, try it this way. Maybe that will be easier for you," Josh said.

Josh began explaining a new technique that he thought would help Maya. She sighed and tried the problem again. She got it. She tried the next one, and the next one, and the next one after that. Problem after problem Maya got right.

"Josh!" she exclaimed. "I'm doing it! I'm doing geometry!"

"I can see that. Good for you. You're gonna do amazing on that test tomorrow," Josh said with a smile.

The two sat for a minute, taking a study break. "Can I ask you a question?" Josh asked suddenly.

"Well you just did, but I guess I can allow one more," Maya said with a smirk.

"Why didn't you ask Riley to help you with geometry?" Josh asked.

"I already did. She has one way of doing it, and any other way just confuses both of us. She tried to explain how she did it, but I just didn't get it. So, you were my next bet," Maya explained. Josh took that as an acceptable answer, and they sat in a comfortable silence.

A few hours later, it was getting late. Topanga's was about to close, so the two teens walked outside. They walked to Maya's apartment together, it being on the way to the NYU campus.

"Good luck on your test tomorrow," Josh said outside of Maya's apartment building. "Thanks," Maya said as Josh began to walk away.

"Hey Josh," she said. "Yeah?" he asked, turning around.

"713 days," Maya said with a smile. "713 days," Josh repeated before smiling and walking back to his dorm.

=======

The next day, it was about 3:30. Josh was sitting in his dorm room, trying not to watch the clock. Maya had told him that she would call him with how she did on the test as soon as she got out of school. She would have gotten out of school at 3:00. Josh knew because he had called his brother Cory at 3:15 to make sure.

"Dude, you have looked at the clock ten times in the last 30 seconds. She'll call, I promise," Josh's roommate said. Josh just looked at the clock another time.

Suddenly, he heard knocks on his door very similar to the ones he had heard earlier that week.

"Josh! Josh! Open up!" Maya called as she banged on the door. Josh opened it, and she shoved a paper in his face.

"A B+!" Josh yelled with excitement. "I know! I did so well my teacher asked me if I had cheated!" Maya said with a grin.

Maya jumped up and hugged him, throwing her arms around his neck. Josh picked her up and spun her in a circle in excitement.

Unbeknownst to the two, Josh's roommate snapped a picture. He would show this to the two of them later. He quietly excused himself and left the two alone.

"I'm so proud of you!" Josh exclaimed. "Thank you so much! I couldn't have done this without you!" Maya said. "You would've gotten there eventually," Josh said humbly.

"I must've had a great tutor to perform that miracle," Maya said with a grin. "No Maya, that was all you," Josh said. Maya smiled, blushing.

The two made small talk for a minute before Maya had to go meet Riley. She began walking out the door.

"Hey Maya," Josh said. "Yeah?" Maya asked.

"712 days," Josh said. "712 days. I can't wait for someday," Maya said with a smile. "Me neither," Josh said as Maya walked away, leaving him alone until one day he could be with her. 

A/N: Disclaimer, I've never taken geometry so I have no idea if anything I wrote about it is feasible. Hope you enjoyed!