Joshaya- Thank You So Much for Last Night

A/N: While this doesn't have any smut in it, it gets kinda close, so skip over that if you're not into that stuff. Enjoy!

Today was the day Maya Hart had been waiting for since she was 14. Today, she was finally 18 years old.

A few weeks earlier Maya had been stupid and gotten drunk at a party and called Josh Matthews who came and picked her up. The next day he had asked to take her to dinner on her eighteenth birthday. That day was now today, and Maya was panicking.

"Riley, I have nothing to wear!" Maya yelled at 7:00am, which was early for most humans, but for Maya it might as well have been 4:00am.

"Why are you screaming?" Riley asked drowsily from Maya's bed, having spent the night to stay up until midnight when Maya's birthday began. "Why are you even awake? What time is it?"

"It's seven o'clock," Maya answered.

"That's like, the middle of the night," Riley groaned as she rolled over and pulled a pillow over her head.

"Get up, get up, get up!" Maya nagged as she pulled the pillows and blankets off the bed, leaving Riley cold and angry.

"You know, for eighteen you sure are acting five," Riley grumbled as she begrudgingly got out of bed. She walked over to the closet, where Maya had pulled out almost everything she owned. "What is the matter?"

"I have my date with Josh tonight and I have nothing to wear!" Maya repeated.

Riley took a glance at Maya's closet. She pulled out a little black dress that was very stunning on Maya. "This is cute," Riley offered.

"That's just, not right for tonight," Maya said with a sigh.

"How?" Riley asked. "Where are you even going anyway?"

"Um, I don't know. All Josh said was that he was picking me up at seven. He said that the rest was a surprise," Maya answered.

"Then no wonder you're struggling! Hold on, I got this," Riley said as she walked to the other side of the room and got her phone off her charger. She quickly dialed Josh's number.

"Hello Riley. You're up early," Josh greeted.

"Trust me, it's not my choice," Riley grumbled while glaring at Maya. "Anyway, I was wondering where you're taking Maya on that date of yours tonight."

"She's standing right beside you isn't she?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, but she didn't ask me to call. Swear," Riley answered.

"I'm still not telling you. You'll then tell her and it will ruin the surprise," Josh said.

"Ok, fine. How should she dress?" Riley asked.

"Semi-formal dress will be fine. Tell Maya I'll be there later. Gotta go, Riley," Josh said.

"Bye Josh," Riley said.

Riley then turned back to Maya, who looked at her like she held the news of utmost importance.

"He wouldn't tell me where you're going. But he did tell me that semi-formal dress will be fine," Riley said.

"Semi-formal! I don't own anything semi-formal! I have casual and fancy, but nothing in between! What am I gonna do?" Maya asked, panicking again.

"Hey, chill. Don't underestimate my skills. Let's go to the mall," Riley suggested.

Maya nodded, and the two got ready quickly, throwing on jeans and long sleeve shirts, Riley's hair in a messy bun and Maya's down with a beanie she stole from Josh.