DNA

The next day came and went faster than Jae had anticipated. Of course, lack of sleep never helped anyone, but she really felt it when she woke up. She realized she had fallen asleep sitting up, head on Jimin's shoulder who was lightly snoring still. Her body felt sore, and her eyes didn't want to open, despite the noise happening around her from the other six hybrids who were awake.

    All throughout the day, the guys did their best to keep the mood light. Even Namjoon, who Jae could tell he was struggling to keep a positive aura. She couldn't even imagine the pressure he must feel.

    She wanted to do something for him, but showing worry herself would probably make things worse for him. The others probably felt the same way she did; She saw Jin pat him on the back throughout the day, encouraging looks from Jungkook and Hobi, Jimin practically asking if he needs something every hour or so, and Yoongi and Tae silently watching, ready to be there if needed.

     It was all very heartwarming, and of course they did the same to her. She could tell they were nervous too, but she was doing a great job at keeping her own nerves in check. They seemed to be experts at distracting her from her intrusive thoughts. She was doing a great job, until dusk came, and Yeona had called Namjoon to go see her. It was time.

The thickness in the air was apparent as she found it hard to breathe normally. The worst part was not knowing what would happen. She didn't know how much it would hurt, if it would hurt. Her palms were sweaty and her teeth started to chatter. Jungkook turned to her, and Jae wished in that moment he didn't have the hearing that he had.

    Others heard her as well, and the more she tried to lock her jaw in place, the more her entire body started to shake. Jae could see they wanted to comfort her, they wanted to say anything to ease her mind, but what could they say? It'll be okay? They don't know that for sure.

Namjoon called for Jae, and as she stood up, everyone else did too in a rush. The sun hadn't gone down yet, so she could still see Namjoon's face, and he looked pale. "You're strong." Yoongi said out of nowhere. His voice was quiet, but he sounded confident.

    Jin joined in and nodded, "He's right." He had his arms crossed, but he had a small smile. Before Jae could respond, Tae grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. She was startled by it, but she melted into it, suddenly feeling weak in the knees. She wanted to stay in his arms forever, where she knew she was safe. He didn't say a word, but he didn't need to. She felt another pair of arms around her and Tae and and it was Jungkook, joining in on the hug.

"You'll be okay." he said, almost in a whisper, almost trying to convince everyone that could hear. Jae was fighting the urge to cry. They both ended up kissing her on the head and they didn't seem to want to let her go, but eventually, they had to.

    Jimin and Hobi both looked as if they were fighting tears of their own which ripped Jae's heart apart. Jae knew the reason they didn't go near her was because they would both break down if they did.

She parted from the rest, for only a short while, she hoped. It had been decided they should wait outside, in case of the worst case scenario. When she turned to Namjoon however, and saw he was waiting for her, for some reason her heart felt like shattered into a million pieces.

    He looked weary, uncertain, and most of all scared. The worst part was that even though to everyone else he looked fine, Jae could see all of that underneath, and she knew he was doing his best to hide it for her. Yeona greeted them inside, and she looked like she hadn't slept. Her usual glow had disappeared.

    "Last chance." she said, almost coldly. Her inner most thoughts were screaming at her, but she had made up her mind. "I'm ready." she said firmly. Yeona scoffed, and said something under her breath, but Jae didn't hear it. Namjoon must have however, because he stiffened next to her, and she immediately looked apologetic towards him.