Save Me

tw// blood (just in case)

Jungkook's POV

    We had all lost track of time. All we knew was that the moon and the stars were out, and we were all missing her. I tried to use my sensitive ears to see if I could hear something, anything. Jin noticed this every once in a while, and when he would look at me expectantly, I shook my head. They were just inside the tent, so why was it dead quiet? It was putting all of us on edge.

   "I'm just gonna take a quick peek-" Taehyung started to get up but Jin grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "No, you're sitting here with the rest of us." he said sternly. I would have followed him in there. In fact, had Jin not stopped him, we all would have. I knew Jin was just as worried. In Namjoon's absence he always had to be the one "in charge" but I could see it in his face.

   The waiting game was brutal and the silence was louder than anything I've ever heard. Even the crickets were quiet. All I did hear was the crackling of the firewood in front of us and occasional impatient, anxious sighs. After a while, I heard something so quiet and muffled I thought I was losing my mind. At first, I thought I had imagined it, so I closed my eyes, and listened extra carefully. Come on ears, don't fail me now.

    After I heard what I did, I hated that I had heightened hearing. I heard more and more progressively, like I was traveling there with my hearing. I was surprised to find out that they were lower in the ground, and I could hear Namjoon's panicked voice, saying Jae's name over and over.

My heart rate quickened as I listened for her voice. There was nothing, and what scared me even more, I couldn't hear another heartbeat. I was so focused I didn't even notice Jin and Hobi were calling out my name the whole time. I stood up, feeling wetness behind my eyes. Jin sounded afraid, "Jungkook, what is it?" he asked, almost like he knew the answer. Everyone was staring at me, waiting for me to answer.

Nothing could stop me at that point, and nobody dared to. I almost power walked to the tent and I saw Yeona sitting on the couch, looking pale and tense, a glass of brandy in her hand. She saw me and froze. "You poor thing, you must be able to hear-"

    "Where are they?" I asked, my voice shaking. "I know they're underground. Let me see them." I felt movement behind me and I knew I wasn't alone. "Sorry, Miss Yeona, we-" Hobi started, but I was growing more anxious and impatient. "Where?!" I asked again. I felt a hand on my shoulder but I shook it off. I needed to see them and nobody was going to stop me. "I hear them." I said, searching the room frantically with my eyes.

"Jungkook, calm down-" Jimin said behind me but I spotted a big chest that seemed to have an opening underneath it. I walked towards it and I heard Yeona's breath hitch and her heart started beating faster. Bingo. I stared at it for a second, and I heard Namjoon's voice.

     I leaned down and started to push it out of the way, but it would barely budge. That wasn't an issue when I decided to kick it out of the way, making it roll multiple times and knock into a table. I didn't care. I heard Jin and Yoongi apologizing behind me as I descended half running half walking down the dirt path into the hole. Please... I begged to any higher being that would listen and I was greeted with a sight that I never wanted to see.

My heart went down to my stomach as I saw Namjoon shaking Jae with tears streaming down his face. "Wake up! Don't do this to me, please!" I was frozen. The worst thing was happening right in front of me and there was nothing I could do. I didn't know what to do. It felt like all the life was being sucked out of me.

    I felt Jin brush by me, as well as Tae, who rushed over to Namjoon. I heard Hobi gasp and Yoongi and Jimin were staring, eyes shiny. "This isn't happening, right?" Hobi whispered. No one answered him.