The Truth Untold

The first thing Jae heard when she woke up was the sound of a small birds tweeting outside. She stretched and she groaned as she felt her muscles tense and then relax again. She remembered where they were. Looking around, she felt strangely alone as her room was very spacious and nice, but a little barren for her taste.

Dark wood furniture and a shiny marble floor that she could almost see her reflection in. How was it like new if it's supposedly never used? Putting aside any other thoughts, she saw two doors and she opened one which she assumed to get out, and she had guessed correctly.

As she crept out in the hallway, her heart jumped in her chest as she heard familiar voices echoing in her ears. And then the familiar, sweet smells hit her all at once. Then she smelled something else. Food. She wasn't sure what it was but her stomach growled and the light chatter stopped and Jae froze.

There was a beat and then she heard a chair slide across the floor, and she saw Namjoon first, and there was a small pause as they just stared at each other. He looked as beautiful and sculpted as ever.

Then the next thing she knew, he was slowly working up to a run towards her and she couldn't help but squeal as he lifted her up and spun her around with a huge smile on his face. His dimples were showing and his soft brown eyes were twinkling up at her.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked so only she could hear. She nodded and wrapped his arms around him, enjoying the feeling of his strong arms around her in return. She glanced behind them and saw Jimin, Jungkook, Hobi and Tae peek around the wall, and they were smiling too. Namjoon put her down and she grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her to go see the others.

Seeing their smiles again made her insides feel like jelly, and they each hugged her in their own special ways, and they never failed to make her feel warm and fuzzy. When it was Jungkook's turn, he gave her his signature bunny grin and the way his nose crinkled when he did it is by far the most adorable thing she'd ever seen.

She didn't miss the way his hands reluctantly lingered on her waist, like he never wanted to let go, as she parted to hug Hobi. The sweet citrus scent filled her nose like she had just dived into a pool of orange juice. Her stomach did flips when she heard, "Good morning, sunshine."

Then she heard movement from the other side of the room, where the opening to the spacious kitchen was, and she saw Yoongi, eyes focused down on whatever he was chopping. His sleeves were rolled up, and she thought no one should ever be able to look that good while doing such a simple task. "Hey Yoongi, she's awake." Jimin called to him.

He didn't stop, he didn't look up, but Jae saw the corner of his lips turn up in a flash of a second. If she had blinked, she would have missed it. "It's almost ready." he said softly. "Aish, that guy..." Jimin waved him off and turned back to Jae, while Tae and Hobi smirked at each other like they knew a joke no one else would understand. It was then she noticed something was off. Someone was missing.

She looked around, and the others looked at her curiously. Her brows furrowed slightly, and she heard Namjoon ask, "Is something wrong?" She turned back around to face him, "Where's Jin?" They all froze, much like a deer in headlights. Even Yoongi had stopped chopping in the kitchen. The only sound was the light sizzle of whatever he had just put in a pan.

Namjoon looked at the others, and when it was clear they weren't going to speak first, he did. "He's here. He's fine, he's just...he needs to be alone for a while. That's all." Jae crossed her arms. "I want to see him."

"You can't." Tae blurted, and Namjoon gave him a warning look. "What Tae is trying to say," Hobi said, stepping forward a little, "it's just...um...difficult for him to be around you right now and not...well..." he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, not being able to say the words. Jimin scoffed and rolled his eyes, "He wants to fuck you and we aren't letting him. It's that simple."