Seesaw

Yoongi's POV

I crept silently across the rooftop. My ears perked up as I heard Jae's voice from below. She was doing her best to stay calm, but I could hear her heart beating so fast it might as well jump out of her chest and run a marathon. I couldn't control the low growl that left my mouth as I heard them yelling at her.

I felt bad about last night. That's probably why she stayed behind. She took my words to heart. I was an ass, and she saw right through me. I knew I had hurt her feelings. I wanted to make it up to her. I wanted to save her, I wanted to be her reason to smile. Most of all, I wanted, no, needed her forgiveness.

All of my senses were in tune with each other. The hunt was on. "Are you sure you haven't seen any hybrids around here miss? It smells like an animal in here, and you my sweet," he grabbed her wrist harshly and smelled her hair, "You smell just like them."

Don't fucking touch her you lowlifes. It took everything in me not to rip their heads off right then and there. There were two guards outside, and 3 inside with her. One was blocking the door from the inside, one was walking around the room, and another was too close to her for my liking. Come on old man, what are you doing?

Turns out, the old man that Tae claimed was crazy was one of them. A snake hybrid, one of the toughest hybrids to pin down. I hadn't even sensed it until he started talking to me earlier. He said he would help us out, make a distraction, but he hasn't done it yet. Probably making sure he could escape as well. I wanted him to, poor bastard just wants to read his books in peace.

I was just waiting for that, and then I would make a move. As much as I wanted to kill them all for threatening my family, I had enough control to realize that wouldn't be smart, especially on my own. Suddenly, I heard the bell ring from the office door, and I saw the old man. He started yelling, and waving his hands like mad, getting the guards outside to look at him.

Needless to say the distraction worked. The guards outside went to check it out, and I crouched low so they wouldn't notice me on the roof. I want to repay that old man somehow. He's a real one. After they had gone down the stairs, I started my plan.

Once the others were out of sight, I pawed at the door. I could hear the idiots inside, "What the hell are those guards doing outside?" I had to think about this carefully. They probably had guns with them, and I didn't want Jae or myself to get hurt.

I wanted one of them to investigate outside, so it would be at least two against two. One of them did check outside. Gun pointed, he scanned the area, and closed the door behind him. That's a bonus. I prided myself in my stealth: I was the best I knew, and I've met a lot of hybrids in my time.

The man that came out was the one that had grabbed Jae, I knew this because I smelled her sweet strawberry scent on him. He didn't even get to blink before I knocked him on his back, while also knocking the gun out of his hand.

I hissed at him, baring my sharp teeth to make sure he knew what was coming. He screamed before I bit into his neck, hard, and I pulled. He didn't scream again. I knew I had blood all in my teeth now, maybe some flesh, and it was a disgusting sensation. I figured they had heard the screams, and I quickly jumped back on the roof.

As if on cue, The two remaining guards came out, which was fine, but one was holding Jae in an iron grip by her wrists, and I could see her face was scrunched in pain. She gasped when she saw the body with blood slowly seeping out of it. I could hear one of the guards yelling for where the other men had gone, but they didn't answer. I wonder if the old man had done something to them.