Everything Goes

Jungkook's POV

       It had been about 4 days. Not one of us knew why he hadn't come back but we had a horrible feeling. If him not being there for dinner wasn't strange enough, when he wasn't back by the morning after, it was safe to say we were all worried. Our leader was missing and to be completely honest we were all falling apart without him. We were all tense, which caused little arguments here and there. Some wanted to go out and look for him, myself included, and others wanted to stay here and be safe.

     All of us were restless, which caused uneasiness in the house. The 6 of us just weren't the same without him. He was a part of our family, and he was gone. Jimin was the worst out of all of us, we were all having trouble sleeping, but he wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, wouldn't even talk. He just stayed by the front door, lying next to it as a wolf, listening. I had slightly better senses so occasionally I would walk near the door where he was laying to see if I could hear or smell anything, but it was always nothing. I had never seen Jimin cry so much. We all tried to comfort each other, but the fear of the worst was always hanging in the air.

     We were all in the living room, and Tae and Jin were bickering about something insignificant in the kitchen. Yoongi was reading a book, trying to distract himself, and Hobi was leaning over the couch, looking over his shoulder. Out of the blue, I started hearing heavy, familiar footsteps. Jimin had heard them too, because he had perked up at the same time I did. You heard that right? he asked, turning to me. I nodded and I tried to get the others attention. "Guys...Hey..!" The only one that looked at me was Hobi. He nudged Yoongi and he glanced at me. The other two were still arguing. HEY. Jimin yelled. That got their attention and they stared at Jimin. Me and Jk just heard footsteps. I can't sense who it is, can you? he turned to me. I shook my head, but I knew I looked hopeful.

     I was so eager I wanted to go look, so I went to go outside and a pair of gentle hands stopped me, "Wait, let me and Tae go." Yoongi was behind me, and he motioned for Tae to come over. He did, and they shifted completely, and the two big cats snuck outside, completely in stealth mode. Myself, Jin, Hobi, and Jimin and were all huddled next to one of the windows, watching the clearing anxiously.

     Whatever was coming was going to come over that hill in the distance. I glanced at Yoongi and Tae's positions; Yoongi had climbed up a tree, not very high but at a point where he couldn't be seen, and Tae was crouched low in a set of bushes, ready to pounce. I admit I was scared, but I was hoping, praying, that I would see Namjoon walk over that hill. I could hear everyone's thoughts in and out, and everyone was thinking the same thing in their own way. My ears twitched as I heard the steps become louder and louder. It sounded like it was four legs and they were coming fast, whoever it was, they were running. By the sound of it it was definitely not human. My heart was beating super fast, and I could hear everyone else's heartbeat, almost in sync with mine.

     "It's here." I said, as I could hear the footsteps right behind the hill. Please... I could have sworn my heart stopped as my nose caught a whiff of a familiar scent, and I almost started crying immediately when I saw a big pair of wolf ears. Jimin sobbed out loud and Jin and Hobi were hugging and smiling. I couldn't see Yoongi or Tae, but I'm sure they were relieved.

      My nose smelled something else, and my eyes widened. "Blood.." I said, and everyone looked at me. Before anyone could stop me, I started bolting outside, my bunny ears flopping against my head. I felt everyone else follow me in a hurry. I sprinted towards the giant wolf, overjoyed to see him, but worried about the blood smell. I heard everyone calling for me, but I didn't listen. As I got even closer, I realised that it wasn't Namjoon's blood I smelled, and I saw something on his back. Another familiar scent entered my nose, and I was shocked to see the human they had saved in the forest was on his back, looking tired and pale. I couldn't believe it, all I could do was stand there. I could hear her heartbeat, slow and steady. I saw her starting to tilt to the side and I knew she was falling off of Namjoon's back.