First Love Part 2

Jae's heart started beating faster when he said the word soulmate. He looked so calm, but she could tell this was a painful memory for him to revisit. She tentatively placed my hand over his. He didn't pull it away, so she kept it there.

"I met her when I was younger, when I was eighteen. I actually saved her from a drunkard trying to beat her on the street, which surprised me back then, because I made it apparent to never interact with anyone, no matter what. Maybe it was because she was a panther hybrid too..I don't know. But...the fact is, I killed her attacker that night. It was the first time I had done something like that." he said, avoiding Jae's eyes.

"I was pretty...violent...back then. I'm sure any human who came in contact with me thought of me more as a wild animal than anything else. I didn't have much control before.." But I'm not like that now...please... please understand. She didn't mean to invade his mind, but she heard it, and she squeezed his hand as she continued to listen.

"We were two young troublemakers. I won't go into what we did but...we caused a lot of trouble, we were constantly breaking the law, and we always seemed to be running for our lives. We liked the thrill, and we didn't mind running, because we were together. But we did...terrible things, Jae. But I was blinded, and I couldn't see what I was doing was so bad, because I had...developed something for her...something that I thought was love, and that was my biggest mistake."

He still wouldn't look at Jae, and his expression became a little more cloudy. "Seven years. Seven years we were together, and I thought...I never..." his voice became lower, "Never, not once, did I think she would betray me. We were so close. Or so I thought."

Jae noticed his eyes were glowing, and she wasn't sure whether to keep holding his hand. He started shaking, though it was so subtle, she wondered if she would have noticed if she wasn't holding his hand.

"She had me completely fooled. I could never forget that day, when my whole world that I thought I knew turned upside down. We were ambushed one night, by HHA soldiers. She was in on it. Apparently, we had made such a big name for ourselves, we were wanted. They had gotten a hold of her first, and I was too stupid to notice." He was blaming himself for something that wasn't his fault.

"Offered her a lot of money, and her freedom in exchange for my confinement. My guess was they gave her the ultimatum, and put a price on it, and she took it. I still wonder to this day if she actually cared about me, or if she was just stringing me along. That's the worst part of it all. Not knowing."

Jae really didn't know what to say, but she knew if she ever met a black panther hybrid like Yoongi, they were going to have a little chat. She was angry at the mere thought of someone causing him so much pain.

Now everything made sense, why he was so against her being there. That's why he was scared before. Not only was he scared for the pack, but he didn't want to be betrayed again. He didn't want to have his heart broken.

"That's horrible." Jae mumbled. He chuckled darkly, "It made me have major trust issues. You can imagine I was pretty feral when I woke up in a cage the next day. Thinking back, I don't know where Namjoon summoned all the patience he needed to deal with me back then." and that was when she noticed Yoongi looked apprehensive.

He still wouldn't meet her gaze, she felt him grip her hand in return, as if he was afraid of her letting it go. "Yoongi, you know this doesn't change anything, right?" He turned to look at her, with dark, exhausted eyes. She pulled the hand she was holding closer to her, and they were now facing each other.