Daydream

Hobi's P.O.V

Miss Yeona had been right about how much time it would take for us to reach the train station. By the time we did, it was mid morning, and the fiery forest full of horror was far behind us. We didn't stop to sleep, and even if we had, it would be safe to say none of us would have been able to. I was still a little shaky from the whole ordeal. So much so, I was still in my animal form, so I could be smaller, and feel safer.

I was on Namjoon's back, who was leading the rest of the pack as usual. That gave me a front row seat to view everyone else. The only other one's who were still in their animal forms were Yoongi and Jin. I could tell Yoongi was on edge, I mean, we all were, but he was nothing but paranoid. Any little sound, any indication of a possible presence he tensed. Jin, who was on his back, kept squeaking reassurances, successfully managing to calm him down every time.

Jungkook and Jimin walked beside Jae. Jimin didn't shift back, as it would cause his hand injury to heal slower. I knew it wasn't that bad, and it could have been a lot worse. Everything could have been a lot worse. We were all lucky, and that's all there was to it. Even with Jin's reassurances, I still worried about him.

Every so often, since we didn't stop, I noticed Jae had to lean on one of them from time to time. She looked weary. Pretty, but weary. I'm sure we all did. I noticed she mostly went to Jungkook, probably because Jimin was injured. Or maybe she knew about our youngest being almost superhumanly strong, especially for a bunny. I didn't know, but I didn't miss the way her eyes always lit up when either of them said her name, or looked at her, or each other.

It would take a fool to not notice the affection they held for her in their eyes. It warmed my heart to see, but at the same time, I wished it was me she could lean on. If I wasn't such a coward. I thought bitterly.

I shook my head, trying to shake the negative thoughts. I spotted Taehyung, walking a little bit behind them with his head hung low. He knew what he had done was wrong, and I was angry at him at first. He put not only himself, but Jae, and the rest of the pack in danger.

But, that didn't change the fact that he had done a good thing, a heroic thing, something I couldn't imagine myself being able to do. I was proud of him, and in my heart of hearts, I knew I was more jealous than angry. Of course, I would never admit it.

Namjoon had stopped when we reached the outskirts of the station, and it was more apparent that we were close when we heard a train horn interrupting the silence. As we got closer, my stomach began to rumble. Namjoon must have heard it because he slightly tilted his head towards me. Just my stomach talking. I can wait. I told him.

I was hoping he wasn't tapping into my thoughts. Honestly, I was starving, but I wanted us to get where we needed to be. It would calm my nerves a little, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Myself, as well as the rest shifted back, and we gathered around Tae, who was holding the satchel with all of the hats Yeona had given us. I looked over at Joon at the thought of her. I hoped she was okay, and somehow she had escaped as well. There was no way for us to know, and that was undoubtedly the worst part. I hoped she was okay, for his sake. I knew she was like a mother to him. As for her son...his whereabouts were unknown as well. I saw Jimin pat Tae on the back once everyone's ears were covered.

I hated covering mine. They barely fit inside the sunflower yellow cap that felt like it was squeezing my head. It didn't hurt, it was just uncomfortable. "Are these all the same size?" I asked, trying not to adjust it on my head too much. Namjoon nodded, "Pretty much. Don't worry Hobes, we shouldn't have to wear these for long." he said, adjusting his own. I knew he shared my sentiments, as well as Jimin. We had a wider set pair of ears, while the others had it a little easier. Though, I know it was just as annoying for them.