Awake

Jae had felt numb, like the numbness feel when you hold snow in your hands for too long. At first she was burning hot, and then it was just cold. The last thing she saw and heard was Namjoon, and she was okay with that.

    She didn't want to die, but at least she didn't die alone. That had been her fear for as long as she could remember. After losing Poppy, and then her mother slipping into a coma not long after, she realised had no one. Until them.

    She felt a sinking feeling, and everything was warm again. The numb feeling was disappearing as she could feel something touching warm on her head, and in both her hands.

    This warm feeling was familiar, and it compelled her to open her eyes. She felt sore and her whole body ached, like she had been beat up and then thrown in a compactor. Her head was pounding, and she heard deep muffled voices almost echoing in her head. They sounded awfully familiar, but she couldn't make it out.

    She let out a groaning sound and she felt both of her hands being squeezed, so tightly it almost hurt. Right before her eyes opened smells filled her nose that she had never smelled before. They were all very strong and they were blending together.

    On one side was the smell of roses, or some kind of flower, as well as some sort of pine, something earthy that she couldn't quite put her finger on, maybe rain? There was also something citrus, like a freshly squeezed glass of orange juice. She breathed in again and she could smell on her other side the aroma of lavender, something sugary sweet like a vanilla cupcake, honey and cinnamon, and the faint smell of coffee.

    She opened her eyes, slowly, and took in her surroundings. She was startled by how clear her vision was. She saw seven incredibly detailed and handsome faces around her, and she felt the smallest appear on her lips, "I must have died if this many angels are around me."

    Her lips felt dry and her throat felt like there was a rock stuck in it. They all collectively sighed a breath of relief. Tae, who was right next to her sighed and gently laid his head on top of hers. "You gave us quite the scare." he whispered.

    "Sorry." she croaked, and she cleared her throat. She looked at Namjoon and she knew he was probably feeling guilty. His grip tightened on it, like he was afraid she would pull it away. "I told you I'm not going anywhere." she whispered.

    He teared up at that, and swallowed hard. He kissed her knuckles, and looked at her bite mark. She could see it too, it still looked pretty raw, but she could tell it was already healing, somehow. She felt Jin gently place his hand on her knee. She could tell he had been crying, his face was still wet. "How are you feeling? Do you think you can sit up?"

    Jae's whole body felt like it was going to break, but she nodded, not wanting to worry them. He nodded his head towards Tae and they gently grabbed her shoulders and helped her up. She winced, but it couldn't be helped. She felt dizzy, either from almost dying or from laying down flat for a long period of time. Maybe both.

    They let go and she swayed a little, so she laid her palms flat on the table behind her to steady herself. "Tae, hold her steady, just in case." Jin said, as he left to look around the floor. Jae felt a gentle grip on her shoulders as she glanced behind her and saw a bunch of medical supplies in the dirt, and the drawers were ripped out of the cabinets. It looked like a couple of drawers had been smashed.

    "You don't want to know." Jungkook said softly, and she turned to look at him. He looked happy, but tired. It wasn't just him either. All of them looked a little gaunt since the last time she saw them. Did they even eat? Sleep?