Stay Part 2

Jae wasn't sure how long she had been lying on her bed, but she didn't bother to turn on the lights. She was just laying in the dark, rubbing her bandaged arm which was starting to get a little sore. It was a reminder of what had happened earlier, but even if she didn't have it, there's no way she would forget what happened between Yoongi and Jimin.

Even though Namjoon assured her it wasn't her fault, she still couldn't help but feel guilty. The last thing she wanted was for them to fight. Seeing them aggressive towards each other was heartbreaking to watch, and she hoped it would never happen again.

What was even worse, she thought about what Yoongi had said about them tearing each other apart because of her, and what happened in that moment was exactly what he predicted.

She noticed how the others kept trying to cheer her up. She didn't want to worry them. Still, she could barely eat, and her mind was running nonstop. She wanted to set things right, and maybe in order to do that she would have to help one of them.

She started pacing around her room purely because of the nerves. Of course, she wouldn't know what to expect, wouldn't know the first thing to do, she was extremely inexperienced and she was embarrassed by that.

Because of her father, boys were out of the question. Not that anyone took notice of her in school anyway. She sighed in frustration and ran her fingers through her hair. She didn't know what else to do, and she wanted to bring it up with the others but she didn't know how, or if she should. What if they get jealous too?

A gentle knock caused her to look at the door. She gained her composure and opened it, letting the light from the hallway creep inside. She wasn't sure who she was expecting out of the five, but heart started racing when she saw Jungkook. His eyes traveled briefly to her dark room, and then back to her. They just stared at each other, their eyes doing all the talking. "May I..?" he asked sheepishly.

"Y-Yeah of course..." Jae sputtered, stepping aside to let him in. She hurried to turn on the lamp that was on the bedside table. He sat on the edge of her bed, and not knowing what to do, she crossed her arms and leaned against the door, and just stared at him.

She realized that she had never seen Jungkook in short sleeves, and saw that one of his toned arms had practically a whole sleeve of ink. It was beautiful, mesmerizing even. She didn't think he could be more handsome, but he just proved her very wrong.

"How are you doing?" he asked her, brows furrowed in concern. She rocked on her heels, "I'm fine...this doesn't hurt all that much if that's what you're worried about." she muttered, lifting her arm a little. Jungkook stayed silent, but looked right into her eyes, as if searching for the truth in them. "I know you have a lot going on up there. You're not acting like usual...I can see it."

Jae really didn't know what to say, so she just waited for him to say more. He sighed and he patted the spot on the bed next to him, not telling her but suggesting she sit next to him. She hesitated, not because she didn't want to be near him, but she knew if she was that close to him she would say everything that was on her mind before she could stop herself.

Still, she realized her legs were slowly trudging towards him and when she sat down next to him, she felt warm. "I know something is wrong. I can see the wheels turning in that pretty head of yours." He said with a small, comforting smile. The sight of it alone almost made her tear up.

"I'm sorry, I'm not really used to...having someone that will listen to me like this. And even if I was used to it...I'm afraid to say everything that's in my head. I'm not good at it."