Like

As they were eating the heavenly food Yoongi had prepared, she couldn't help but notice Jin's missing presence more and more. She had made up her mind that she needed to see him, even if it was just for a brief moment, but she didn't know how to bring it up to the others. So she didn't.

    After they were done and were cleaning up, she said she would be right back from the bathroom, and they didn't think twice about it. When they weren't looking in her direction, she almost tiptoed in the hallway opposite of her room. She saw the obvious chair in front of the door, and the sight made her a little hesitant.

    Once she was in front of the door, she leaned over the chair and softly knocked on it. The moment her knuckle hit the door, she heard Jin's voice on the other side. "Jae...? Is that you?"

    Her heart felt like it was tearing into pieces. It still sounded deeper than usual, but soft and scratchy, like he had been crying for hours and hours. She had to fight herself not to open the door. "Hi there." she breathed out, in almost a whisper.

    "I miss you. Are you okay? Did you eat? How are the others?" he asked her. She realized he must be suffering also by not seeing the rest of the pack, being the oldest and all, he's used to taking care of them, always being busy, not the other way around.

    She had that same feeling again, like on the train. It was like his voice was beckoning to her, and his strong scent of roses was leaking through the cracks of the door, practically pulling her in. "Yes, we all did. They're fine. It just feels...incomplete without you. I miss you too..." Jae mumbled, knowing he could still hear her.

    "I'm guessing they told you why I'm in here." she heard him feignedly laugh. Even now, he was trying to make the situation lighter. "It's funny, I never imagined I'd feel this much for someone else and well...want to...well, you know." Jae could tell even in his haze, he was shy, and she imagined his little ears turning crimson.

    "Yeah...I'm sorry."

    "Don't be. It's just how it is. It'll be over soon."

     There was a beat of silence, and then he spoke again, "Jae?" she winced as he sounded like he was in pain.

    "Yeah?"

    "I appreciate your company but...you should leave. Before I break down this damn door." Well shit. "H-hang in there, Jinnie..." she pressed a few fingers against the door as she knew somehow he was against it on the other side. He must be so lonely in there. She slowly backed away from the door right as she heard Tae calling her name.

    She reappeared in front of the guys, and they didn't seem to suspect a thing. Her and Yoongi made eye contact and it was almost like there was a silent acknowledgement between the two of what she did. That was something about him that she noticed. He was good at keeping his facial expressions in check, but eyes almost always gave everything away. One side of his lips turned into a barely noticeable smirk.

    They had decided to each do their own thing for the rest of the afternoon. Earlier, while she was asleep, the boys had discovered there were multiple rooms with different uses that they had yet to explore, which made her realize the house, resort, cabin, whatever it was, was even more spacious than she had previously thought.

    There was a whole downstairs area as well as a spiral staircase that went upstairs. Jungkook and Namjoon opted for the gym which they discovered was on the upper floor. Jae had a strong mix of desire and curiosity to go and watch whatever they were going to do, but was distracted by Jimin and Hobi, who were bickering about who should get the room closest to hers. "Why don't you guys play the ladder game? That way it's fair." They turned their heads in confusion and she looked around for a piece of paper and a pen.