Boy in Luv

Jin's POV

We had finally stopped walking to take a break once both Tae and Jimin were making sure everyone knew that their paws were hurting. I was fairly certain they planned that, knowing how close the both of them are, it was easy for them to put their heads together. I didn't mind, my feet were starting to ache as well, since I had decided to carry Jae on my back a little over an hour ago.

Of course, I didn't mind that either. She was very light, it was like carrying a small backpack. Her small breathing against my neck made the hairs on the back of it stand up, causing shivers to run down my spine. She was affecting me in a way I wasn't expecting, and she seemed to have no idea. Her smell was enticing to say the least, and I was fighting back urges I had never felt before. I could feel her heartbeat through her chest on my back, thumping away. My animal instincts were screaming, and I was thankful that the others couldn't hear my thoughts at present.

I set Jae down so we could go sit down with the others. Most of the others had shifted back by now, and Jungkook was awake again. He, as well as Hobi checked up on her. Hobi said it wasn't fair that I got to carry her for so long and that he called dibs next time, to which Jungkook argued against. Both their eyes were so bright when they were talking to her. It's like she had a natural ability to make us happier. For some reason, I thought back to when I found her and Jungkook cuddled up on the couch earlier. I remember Jungkook holding on to her for dear life when I tried to intervene. If he had the ability to growl, he would have.

It clicked that I wasn't the only one, Jungkook's instincts were starting to kick in too. If the pattern continues for the rest, and if it's going where I think it's going, it's going to be bad for everyone. Jae was sweet, and above all, she seemed so innocent. Why is that so enticing? Why was she a fun person to talk to? I've known her for a day, technically two now and all I wanted to do was make her smile, wrap her up in my arms, feel her warmth merge with mine, touch her skin, touch all of her, feel her-

Yoongi's voice snapped me out of it. "Jin? Hello in there?" His voice made me jump, and he frowned at me, clearly worried. I never am the type to get lost in my thoughts. They know me as always aware and observant. I tried my best to hide that I was flustered. "Are you okay? You seemed...far away." Being me, I replied, "The Min Yoongi is worried about me, I can die a happy man now." while clutching my chest dramatically. He rolled his eyes and patted me on the shoulder. "I just asked the other kids, they said they'll 'die of starvation' if we don't get something soon. There's a place nearby, I can smell it."

My stomach grumbled in that moment, interrupting him and I'm pretty sure everyone heard it. Jae bursted into laughter and I felt my ears twitch in embarrassment. "I agree with Jin, I'm starved." Jimin said, while stretching his legs. Namjoon looked at me, as if to ask my opinion on the matter, to which I replied, "It's up to you, Joon. I can wait however long. The sky is getting lighter now, so my guess it's around 5...5:50am."

I was usually right when it came to telling the time just by looking at the sky, I had practically become an expert at this point, given my past that I shuddered to think about.

Namjoon looked tired, and most of all he looked stressed, which I'm sure some of the others could sense as well. "If there is a place, it would be better to recharge now. We still have a long way to go. I want to be at a certain distance by nightfall." I was always amazed by Yoongi's immaculate sense of smell. Jealous in fact. "Two or three can go. The rest I want to stay here, just...just in case. I'll go. Who else?" I share a look with Yoongi.

We practically speak at the same time to protest, seeing how tired he is. "Joonie, you should stay here, rest up. You're exhausted. Don't lie and say that you aren't we can all feel it. Even her." Yoongi said, not looking at Jae but gesturing to her. Namjoon took one look at Jae and sighed. He was right, I looked over and she looked worried, fiddling with the hem of her shirt, which I noticed was one of her habits.
"I'll go." Yoongi said. "Who else?" he looked around at the others, truthfully, I wanted to stay behind, and talk to Namjoon about pressing matters in my head.