Moving On

Jae hated her body now, more than ever, as it was causing a panic. She didn't want to slow everyone down, yet it was happening right in front of her eyes. Although, it would be a total lie if she said she wasn't enjoying being in Jin's comforting arms, with Yoongi's hand softly gripping hers.

He had stayed behind, he made sure she was okay. She was ready to give it all up for them. In that motel room, she decided that Yoongi was right. She was so afraid she overstepped before. Even if he had hurt her feelings, it wasn't his fault. Jae was sure in a different situation, maybe a different life, they would have at least been friends. Her breathing had finally gone back to normal, and she wasn't gasping for air anymore.

She felt Jin's hand lightly brushing her back, and she saw his gentle brown eyes looking down at her
"There she is." he said, slightly smiling. Jae barely smiled and suddenly there was a swarm of people around her, asking how she was feeling. Her neck was sore, and her throat was dry, but she was happy.

"If you're feeling up to it, we need to keep moving," Jin said gently, lightly touching the top of her head. Jae nodded, and he helped her back on her feet. She could feel him studying her, looking for the smallest ailment.

While she knew it was because he had good intentions, it reminded her of her father. He treated her like a doll, not as a human being. She didn't want them doing the same. "Can everyone listen to me for a second? Emergency meeting." All seven looked at her, worry plastered on their handsome faces.

She sighed. "I don't want this to change how any of you treat me. I'm not some glass doll that can break any second." she said with urgency and her voice was sounding more frantic with each word. "My father treated me like that all my life, I don't need you all to do it too...I've finally escaped that place," she looked at Namjoon, whose ears were down in sadness. He returned her gaze, "I don't want to go back there." The sight of them around her made her tear up more. She was so grateful to all of them.

   She felt a gentle hand lightly caress the back of her head, she expected to see Jin but was shocked to find out it was Yoongi. She wasn't used to such a gesture from him, so she felt her face get warm. "Can I walk with you?" he asked.

Before Jae could answer Hobi interjected, "Oh no you don't, I believe it's my turn. I haven't gotten one second with her by myself." He crossed his arms and pouted. He resembled a little kid with his cheeks puffed out. "Yeah, and we're not going anywhere till I clean up your head." Jin said, putting his arm a little too roughly around Yoongi's neck as he grunted in pain.

"Jae, can I talk to you?" Tae asked out of the blue. He looked guilty to say the least, and it clicked inside Jae's head as to why. She let him pull her aside and she noticed Jungkook was sitting nearby, pretending not to listen.

"I'm sorry I told everyone about, well, you know." he said, looking down. "Based on how you reacted, I'm sure you didn't want any of us to know. I just got so worried when I saw you like that, and angry at Yoongi, even though it wasn't his fault-" He was starting to ramble out of guilt and Jae wanted to calm his nerves.

"Tae, it's okay. Really. I had already told Namjoon before and it was unrealistic of me to think the rest would never find out." He didn't look convinced. She reached and softly touched the side of his face. His eyes darted to hers in surprise but didn't reject her touch. Jae opened her mouth to say something, but no words came to mind. She just hoped she wasn't doing anything wrong.

He rested his hand on top of hers and slightly started to rub his face against her palm. Jae could have sworn she could hear soft purring, and he looked blissful. "You smell like strawberries you know." he told her. He traveled down to her wrist, and sniffed it while opening his eyes to meet hers. "Oh, really? I...I didn't know.." she said, intimidated by his intense stare. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Jungkook, and he looked fixated on Tae.

"Alright, that's enough." Namjoon appeared out of nowhere and gently pulled her away from Tae. His eyes narrowed at Tae for just a second and if she wasn't already looking at him she wouldn't have noticed.

Tae blinked a few times as if he had just woken up. Everyone else looked just as intense as Jungkook. Jae had no idea why but she could cut the new tension in the air with a knife. "We really do need to get going, I want to get there before dark today, and it's already noon." he said, looking up at the sky. The sun was directly above them, blazing down. No wonder Jae felt so hot.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Hey, um, I'm glad you're okay. You had me worried there when you didn't jump down to me." he said a little sternly. "Don't do that." His voice was hard, and with his tone it sounded more like a command, not a suggestion.

"Yeah, Jae, whatever you did, I'm making a formal request that you don't do it again. Joonie nearly passed out when he got here." Hobi said from afar, helping Jin with Yoongi's wound. Jae had no idea and her eyes squinted at Namjoon, a little irritated that he didn't tell her this himself.

As if he sensed her irritation, he quickly said, "Nothing serious, I just got a little...overwhelmed. That's all. I'm fine, see?" He smiled and his dimples appeared once again, making it seemingly impossible for her to stay cross with him. That didn't stop her from being worried.

He gave her a little nudge on the shoulder before going to brief the others. Tae went with him, leaving Jae and Jungkook alone. He was still sitting, but he was looking at her with his big eyes, with an intense glare. His wavy hair was resting just above his eyes and his ears were pulled back.

"Did you know what he was doing?" he asked in a low voice. She had no idea what he was talking about, but regardless, she had never seen him as intimidating until now. Her clueless look must have reached him, because he sighed in relief. "If you really don't know then...it's okay. Don't worry about it." He smiled softly at her, his bunny teeth prominently showing.

    It was as if whatever was bothering him before suddenly disappeared. His duality was going to be the death of her.

************************************************

A slightly shorter chapter this time because the next one is much, much longer and I couldn't find a good way to break it up:) We've reached 1K and that doesn't feel real to me but thank you so so much for the comments and votes it really makes me smile and giggle like a weirdo🥺🥺💖I'm so happy you all are enjoying this and I'm enjoying writing it! Next update soon!