#PIT40

#PIT40

I didn’t feel any bitterness towards Yuliana or maybe… I just don’t wanna think about it because I want to be matured when it comes to Tanner's past relationship and businesses.

“Speaking of! There he is!” Yuliana exclaimed.

Tanner was still surprised but his lips didn’t waste a time to smile at the sight of his visitors, niyakap niya sa isang braso iyong mama niya at hinalikan sa buhok habang natatawa sa pagkatuwa. Kita sa mga mata niyang masaya talaga siya.

His mom glanced at me sideways while patting his back tenderly, I was nervous that I couldn’t move. There was a glint of confusion in her eyes but she put her attention to Tanner again.

I didn't expect this, too. I wasn't ready. Kung hindi lang sumulpot si Tanner na ako ang tinawag ay hindi ko ili-link ang sarili ko sa kanya. Damn, I forgot how I look, I didn't care about my outfit today. I probably look like a high schooler in my school shirt and jogging pants, of course I took a shower in the locker room and changed before coming here.

“I didn’t expect your sudden visit, Ma!” Tanner said and glanced at Yuliana who lifted her fingers to sign a peace while smiling widely at him.

They're still good friends? I didn't expect she was close to his mom.

Eris privately excused himself and left the hideout that time after answering a call and Hesperus just gave him a nod and a bit of cheer, tumayo si Ajax para makisali kila Tanner habang si Kees naman ay naupo malapit sa akin at tipid akong tinanguan.

“You good?”

I awkwardly nodded. “Yes.”

“I didn’t know his mother, too. Only Jax and Hesper were close to his family.”

Tumango-tango ako. Somehow, it was comforting because I was really embarrassed to be here. I heard about his mom but I didn’t see her yet even in pictures so I had no clue about how she looks, ang alam ko lang ay galit siya kapag bumibisita sila Tanner sa kanya kapag hindi kasama ang ama nila.

“Bumisita talaga ako kasi malapit na ang birthday mo at para makita ka rin dahil hindi ka na bumisita sa ilang buwan.”

Lumamlam ang mga mata ni Tanner pero halatang may tinatagong pait iyon, pinili na lamang manahimik.

Nakakagulat naman talaga iyon dahil noong nakaraan lang ay nabanggit niyang dinalhan niya pa iyon ng paboritong cassava cake. I think his mom could barely remember them visiting her unless they were with the father. My heart ached, I clasped my hands on my lap and avoided their view.

“Ayaw akong samahan ni Tanya kaya si Yuliana ang inabala kong tawagan. I wasn’t wrong, she really knows your whereabouts. Dito pala kayo naglalagi? Pinuntahan din namin ang condo ninyo pero wala raw kayo sabi ng receptionist.”

“I thought they’d be there because they had a guesting last night, baka mga pagod at nagpapahinga. Dito lang naman sila naglalagi kapag gusto na sila-sila lang muna ang magkakasama.” Ngiti ni Yuli kay Tanner. “Hindi ba?”

The mother chuckled. “I see! Maganda ang lugar niyo rito, ah! You like this kind of place ever since you were just planning to create a band with Ajax and Hesperus!"

Tanner shrugged with a chuckle and his eyes simply went to me while still facing his mom and Yuliana, nanatili akong kaswal kahit hiya sa kinauupuan. The corner of his lips rose before he jogged towards me that made my chest constrict, nilapag niya iyong grilled chicken sa lamesita saka yumuko upang itabi sa akin iyong teddy bear niyang dala.

My heart pounded hard.

“Hi,” he greeted lowly. His eyes were twinkling under the rounded specs he’s wearing today, his hair was softly cut in the middle. Lumadlad iyong kwintas niya sa pagyuko.