#PITFinale

#PITFinale

"We must award the MVP! This year's UL women's basketball tournament finals Most Valuable Player and also known as the Rockwell's beast!" the announcer said in a loud and cheerful voice. My heart skipped a beat in anticipation. "Number 22, Haukea Bolivar!"

I punched in the air and jumped.

"My girlfriend's the MVP! Yes! I knew it! She's a damn fire!"

I'm so happy for her, she deserves that title for being an amazing and hardworking player with her teammates. Rockwell's so lucky to have her in their team, they got the trophy this year.

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch her live at the arena because Epicenter's out of town for a Music Festival. Even how much I wanted to lie for that reason, Kiya didn't let me and she pushed me to be with the Epicenter's task. Kaya sa TV na lang talaga ako nakanood dito sa hotel room kasama si Ajax.

Ajax clapped and jumped with me in triumph like we won, too.

"Latina's the MVP! Galing talaga!"

Siniko ko siya at tinulak habang tuwang-tuwa sa anunsyo.

"What?!" he laughed.

"Stop calling her like that!" ismid ko sa kanya. Ayaw nga ni Haw-haw iyong tawag sa kanya ni Ajax nitong nakaraan dahil naalala niya raw si Felicity Caasi.

"Well, she looks like one! And that's a better nickname for your girl, para hindi talaga halata kung may makarinig man!"

Nailing na lang ako sa ikot ng isip niya.

Pinanood ko si Kiya sa flatscreen, she's wearing a gray long-sleeved dri-fit and maroon jersey shorts. My lips curled when I saw the wristband I gave her two weeks ago on her right wrist, she's wearing that every game.

I texted her immediately.

Ako: You're the most amazing player for me, you did well, baby! Congrats!

Haukea and I have been together for a year now, I really love how things are working between us after the heavy months she chose to be alone. I waited for her to heal in time even when I didn't want to leave her be. wanted to be with her but I chose to understand her situation because I had been there where all I wanted was to be alone.

Pag-usapang pamilya na kasi, ang hirap magsalita. Naintindihan ko siya noong pinili niya akong patigilin, naiipit din kasi siya sa nangyayari noon at ayaw niya akong isali sa issues niya.

"Ayos lang 'yan, tol." Tinapik-tapik ni Ajax ang balikat ko.

Huminga akong malalim at naglihis ng tingin.

"I'm just really confused, feels like I can't be depended and leaned on when things are hard for her. I want to be with her in those times, too. Pinaramdam ko naman sa kanya iyon."

She can lean on me, always.

Ajax nodded. "I'm sure she knows that, kaya nga siguro pinahinto ka kasi alam niyang tatakbo ka sa kanya isang tawag lang kahit anong ginagawa mo. She probably doesn't wanna drag you in her issues for your own sake, too. And she knows that she can face it alone."

"I know... I just didn't want that decision," I admitted. "I want to be with her, she just didn't let me but I also understand. Naiinis lang ako." Iling ko sa sarili.

I already agreed to Kiya's choice but I didn't really want that, I was torn between her want and my want. Of course, it's her choice... she won.

"Give her a time, Tanner. Girls shouldn't be babied all the time. If they want a space, give them," Hesperus commented sluggishly. "And Haw-haw's clearly not the baby type of girl. Even how much you want to baby her, she wouldn't be a baby for you. You know what I mean."