Lunch

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"I don't think I can still forgive you," Kuroo winks. He knows very well how sorry you are, but he continues to tease you.

"I'll do anything just please forgive me, I don't want to make myself look bad on my first day," you pout.

"I'm sorry, what? Did I just hear.. anything?" He gives a smirk.

"No, I said nothing," you roll your eyes, "of course I said..." a few moments of silence filled the atmosphere.

"Okay then, I want you to..."

"I was joking!!!"

"Gimme your lunch"

"What?! I've already took a few bites from it, are you sure?" You question him.

"Yes Y/N-chan now please pass me your sandwich,"

"Wait did you forget to pack yourself lunch?" You assume.

"N-no, now w-why would I forget my own l-lunch?"

"NO WAY DID YOU?!" You ask.

"I- no" Kuroo turns a bright red and you immediately start laughing at him. Kenma gives a little chuckle, and carries on playing with his game. The laughter takes a long time to stop, but when it does, you pass the sandwich to Kuroo.

"Here you go," you say as he consumes the sandwich. He started eating from where you had bitten it, "w-wait I bit that w-what are yo-,"

"Hmm, is there a problem?" He looks at your red face.

"N-no!" You giggle, and soon realise your eyes are filled with tears "this is the first time in forever, I've felt... happy."

"Hey, are you alright?" Kuroo replies, whilst Kenma gives a concerned look.

"Oh, y-yeah I'm fine, I don't know why I said that, it kinda slipped out of me," you gave an awkward laugh.

"What is it?"

"Noth—,"

"If you don't want to tell me you don't have to, but I know something's wrong."

Your eyes widen a little, and before you know it, your tears are flowing, no sobs, just flowing. Kuroo looks with kindness in his eyes. Kenma stares, unsure of what would be the best thing to do in the moment. Your eyes felt like they were burning, you could soon smell the tears. You were having a meltdown in front of Kenma and Kuroo. A part of you thought what could be more embarrassing than this, much for a first impression, but another part just wants to cry and cry and never stop.

"I-I'm sorry, I gotta go,"

Kenma respects your privacy and leaves you, but Kuroo hurriedly runs after you, "If it was for the sandwich, I'm sorry!" He assumes.

"No it's fine just,"

You stop running.

"I just want to be alone, if that's alright with you," you smile. Your hair flowing with your tears as you stare into Kuroo's orbs. The feeling of death was beautifully dancing along with the trees. You feel bad for Kuroo's confused face but are sure that you've completely ruined everything between you both, your friendship, yet you still smile, because you have to, it's the only way to live. Kuroo watches your tears gently dropping onto the floor, and at once, pulls you into a hug.

"H-hey, what are you doing—?" You can feel his arms wrapped around you, and embrace the moment.

"Shhhh, it's okay."

You sob quietly, digging your face into his shoulder. Your tears stained his uniform but he didn't mind, he only looked at your hair and closed his eyes.

A few minutes passed and you slowly pulled away from him.

"I'm so—,"

"Don't be," he smiles.

"NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" You glare at the floor, "I ruined it, our friendship, I'm sorry, it's my fault, I shouldn't have cried, I just hadn't felt so happy in such a long time, you are so nice that I... I'm sorry."

"Is it wrong for me to comfort you?"

"No it's just I shouldn't be so dramatic.. I'm—,"

"There was nothing 'dramatic' about that, if you ever need anyone to cry to, I'll be here!" He smiled.

"I.. but.. why? Why do you care about.. me?" You kept staring at the floor

"Why shouldn't I? You're my friend after all, right?"

"I.. y-yeah," you smile, raising your head to see the heavy shower flowing from your eyes. This time you jumped into his arms.

"Thank you..."