what am I to you anyways?

My hand flew out to reach for his, but it was too late.. I could only see red, a vibrant red that exploded everywhere. My hand that was still held out started shaking. Tears flowed out of my horror-struck eyes.

What just happened?

The driver immediately came out of his car.

"Oh my god. Shit, what do I do about this?" He worried.

No this can't be... right? He can't hav— there's no way. We just confessed, we just—

"Hah.."

"haha.."

"HAHAHA!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The driver stared at my laughing face in complete horror, like I was some psychopath who was going to rip the life out of him, "THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL HE JUST DIED!" I kept laughing, "WE..we," my laugh soon turned into sobs, "we just confessed our love for each other, but, YOU!"

I pointed to the terrified driver and stormed up to him.

"ITS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!!" I grabbed his collar, "If you think I'm gonna let you live, your fucking wrong. I WONT ALLOW IT YOU HEAR ME!"

"I WONT LET YOU L—,"

That's when I woke up. My face was covered in salty tears as I attempted to wipe them. After beginning to focus on my surroundings, I saw Kuroo looking down on me from his bed.

"Hey, are you alright?" He glared at my shaking body and knew there was something wrong.

"I-I- how? You're aliv—," I looked at his clothes to see he was in the same pyjamas as in my nightmare. After realising that, I rummaged around looking for my phone to see it wasn't near me.

"Huh, what are you looking for?"

"My phone." I replied, relieved to hear Kuroo's attractive voice.

Fuck I love you so much hug buddy.

"Oh I put it on charge for you, it had like 15% of charge so yeah." He said.

"Thanks, umm what's the time?" I asked.

"It's exactly 5am actually." He chuckled a bit after reading the time from his phone, that sent shivers down my spine.

"Huh? Your joking right?"

"No? Why?" He questioned my face.

It was a dream right? It can't be real right? No way. It's not real. I thought as I sat up.

My heart sped faster and faster. My breaths felt heavier.

"Hey, what happened? Y/N?" He jumped down from his bed.

"You're here aren't you? Kuroo? You won't leave me right?"

He scoffed, "of course not idiot."

"You won't die on me right?"

His eyes widened at my question, "what do you mean? Can you tell me what happened in this dream of yours?"

"It was at 5am, we went to McDonald's, got food, on our way to some XXX park,"

"Oh yeah I know where," he interrupted, but realised it.

"Wait you've been there? It's an actual place? Like it wasn't just a dream?"

"Wait are you telling me you've never been there, and you just saw this in your dream?"

"Yeah, I saw it in my dream, but I've never been there!" I responded.

"That's.. concerning." He commented, "anyways, carry on."

"We were w-walking on a road and talking, then we confessed our... love." As I said this, we both had a light pink spread across our faces.

"Love?" He interrupted, his face igniting into a red.

"Y-Yeah."

I couldn't judge by his expression, he looked like he was embarrassed, I didn't know wether it was out of love, or how stupid my dream was.

"B-But then as we were so focused on each other, you took a step onto the road to cross, but then.. a car.."

I started sobbing, "k-killed you!" I dropped my head into my lap as Kuroo pulled me into a hug. I dug my head into his shoulder.

"I'm right here, Y/N. It's okay to cry, cry as much as you want, I won't judge. I will forever be with you."

But why, why me Kuroo? Why do you care about such a piece of shit like me? I don't understand.

"You know what's funny?" I asked.

"What is it?"

"The driver, I started threatening him and telling him I would kill him." I stated, "stupid right? I mean what could I have done?" He pulled me out of our hug as his face grew red,

"there's no reason for you to k-kill someone for me, I mean it is me, what am I to you anyways?" He stuttered shyly, but I knew what he wanted me to say.

"HAAAAA?! You're my hug buddy of course!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, "right?"

He embraced my hug and held me tightly, "Yep. Always will be."