What's actually happening?

Author note: Hai ppl! It's current my skewl break so I was just chillin and stuff. I normally write fanfic during lessons 🤭 when I'm like incredibly bored and I enjoy doing so as well. I'm lazy as hell when I'm chillin and when I write fanfic it takes a lot of thinkin cos I don't want to bore u amazing ppl, and also researching when it comes to finding new synonyms and stuff cos I'm like, "wait a sec I just used that word in the last paragraph." So ye—. It's also Ramadan so I'm like the definition of a sloth right now, lmao. Thank you so much for the support tho it makes my day and hope you enjoy!

I plodded towards the school gate after a boring lesson of English. My mind bleeding from the overflowing thoughts, as I stood there waiting for my mother, last night, I can't, I don't want to go home, anywhere but home please.

"Hi." An unfamiliar voice spoke.

"..."

"...If you don't want to talk... it's fine." The feminine voice pouted.

"..." I locked eyes with the floor, as it finally dawned over me, it was her.

"Ugh," she finally had enough, "please talk to me, Y/N-chan." She pleaded in hopes a word would be uttered out of my slightly shaking mouth.

"...what is it?" I spoke not raising my head.

"You have to raise your head. Come one now, it's bad for your posture." She advised putting her hands on my shoulders, "I'm not that ugly am I?" She joked.

"No."

She smiled as we made eye contact, then her smile turned into a sigh, as a figure jumped from behind me.

"AAAH!" I shrieked as Kuroo hugged my anxious body.

"H-Hey, you should stop doing that now Kuroo," Sakura chuckled, quite obviously bothered, "it was funny at first but n-now i-it's a lot, I guess."

Instantly, I took a few steps forward, making Kuroo more distant from my back, whilst the gap between me and Sakura grew closer.

"Yeah. You really should stop that. It's getting..." my attention was caught by a tiny figure walking towards us with his usual Nintendo in hand.

"Kuroo, you really have to stop going so fast," Kenma said, "and definitely don't expect me to chase you cos I'm not bothering."

"O-Okay." Kuroo scratched the back of his neck in slight embarrassment.

"So.. what are you all doing here?" Sakura broke in, "I'm here cos I'm waitin for a specific cat named Kuroo Tetsuro to come striding by and ask me to walk home with him."

"Well you sure do know me, Sakura." He proudly smiled. Suddenly, everyone went silent as they stared at me, "So what are you doing here, Y/N?"

"I-I'm waiting for my mother, hah." I hesitated.

"Okie dokie! Shall we go then, Tetsu?" Sakura spoke.

"Umm sure but Sakura I have something to as—,"

Kenma and I, both looked at each other before he stated, "You both should probably discuss this on your walk."

Kuroo had a confused expression painted over his face, "But why not no—,"

"Go."

And as Kenma said that, they both started heading off. I took a deep exhale as I finally burst out all of my emotions.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Why is this world so good at replacing people! Just like that! H-He.."

"Do you think I could talk to your mother?"

"H-Huh?" I quivered as the sounds of my muffled screams flickered through my ears, the thought of it making my head stream with pain.

"Somethings going on at home, between your mother and you, isn't there?"

What th— stop! Stop it! There's nothing! J-Just stop. Don't ask anymore.

"W-What do you mean?!" I asked his stern face, "it could just be some argument!"

"What do you mean 'it could', does that mean there's something more, possibly something worse?" He questioned, "I didn't say it was anything serious, if it was just some argument, you would've probably said something along the lines of, 'it was nothing really, we had an argument.' and depending on how you said this would've determined if you were lying or not, but what surprise me was that you panicked. Y/N, I care about you, and you don't have to tell me, but between you and your mother.."

Words tried to escape my throat but nothing came out, the pressure and tense atmosphere made my whole body feel incredibly heavy. How? How did he— how could he deduct all of that from an answer?"

"What's actually happening?"