C) Now or never.

"..." You considered Kuroo's request, "Only if you promise to let me die afterwards."

"I promise." He swore sternly.

"I don't know.." You contemplated, "Will you also forgive me?"

"I swear." He repeated, almost frightening.

With his words being uttered out of his pale lips, your legs subconsciously moved towards him, but your face was painted in a smile.

Kuroo, Please forgive me.

His arms opened wide, allowing him to embrace your body, that to his relief, wasn't a freezing shell.

"Thank you." He smiled with tears, "I know you don't love me but.. thanks."

"It's.. alright."

"Why'd you act so close to me? Why'd you say we were hug buddies? If you don't mind me aski—,"

"We're just friends." You painfully cut in.

"O-Oh." His voice cracked slightly, but that slight crack was enough to stab your heart. Although it was painful, you tried to smile, and savour the possibly last hug from your hug buddy.

"Can you let me g—,"

"Just a little longer." He requested, a tear escaping his closed eye.

"Alright." You smiled, "Let's talk a little then."

"Sure." He answered, "What do you wanna talk about?"

"When's your birthday?"

"My birthday? November 17th." He answered.

"Ah alright.. so you're a Scorpio."

"Oh, star signs? Do you believe stuff like that?" He asked.

"Is there a problem with it?" You pouted.

"Of course not! I was just wondering." He assured.

"Oh okay." You smiled hugging him a little tighter, "It's nice.. the last thing I did was hug my hug buddy one last time! What a great way to leave this world."

"..." He kept quiet, whilst you both pulled out of the hug.

"I'm sorry.. for everything." You apologised

"..I know." He spoke, whilst doing so, Kenma, Ymir and Historia popped from the corner of your vision, and you knew it.. it was now or never.

"Kuroo! Y/N!" Kenma shouted in relief.

As soon as Kuroo turned his head, you ran out and took a jump before beginning your decline down the edge of the building.

You watched his arm reach for you, although it was too late. Trying to smile, guilt rushed across you.

This wasn't the best way to go.. but it worked.

Kuroo on the other hand went from eyes focused onto your crushed body, painted in crimson to his outstretched arm. He pulled it in, and watched helplessly.

"Y/N!" He screamed your name as it echoed all around him, tormenting him for that split second, "You can't leave me." He stood up as Kenma and the rest began running from behind him.

"Oh hi Kenma." Kuroo spoke, traumatised.

"Kuroo..." Kenma began crying, he wasn't stupid, he knew very well that if he didn't distract Kuroo you would've been alive.

"I'm so.. So.. SO SORRY!!!" Kuroo wailed onto his leather jacket, that refused to absorb any of his tears, "I'm scared! What is wrong with me?!"

"Nothing's wrong with you." Kenma assured with his calm voice, "It's not your fault."

"IT IS! IF I'D JUST FOCUSED ON HER SHE WOULDN'T HAVE JUMPED! IF I HADN'T SAID THAT SHE SHOULD RUN AWAY, SHE WOULD'VE BEEN ALIVE!"

"..Hey, it's happened now. We can't change it." Historia comforted his trembling body, "I'm sorry."

"Don't blame yoursel—,"

"Take your own advice, damn it!" Ymir  pulled his ear lightly.

"But.. I'm the one who killed basically killed her." He answered.

"Her mother did not you." Kenma corrected.

"Should we kill her?" Kuroo suggested with a crooked grin.

"Hey, don't you da—."

"Should we kill me?" He asked which left a grim silence, that was soon broken by Kenma as he clutched Kuroo's collar.

"Don't you dare say that! Loosing Y/N was enough for me! I don't want anyone else to die! I-I'm scared!" He cried, his skin hot red as he sniffled and slowly let go of Kuroo.

*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈

"Kuroo, you ready?" His mother knocked on the door of his bedroom.

"Hold on, I got to put on m—," He stopped when he noticed a small piece of paper neatly folded in his drawer.

"Kuroo?"

"I'll be out in a minute, just wait!" He shouted.

"Alright, if you don't mind me asking, we've been worried Kuroo. I know she died but.. if you don't mind.. what happened to Yumeko?" His mother worried.

"She.. couldn't deal with it... so she left."

"Oh." The poor lady didn't know in which way to interpret his words but decided not to trouble her son any longer, "Oh— Ymir just came by the way, she's walking up the stairs."

"Hey, rooster, when are you gonna get outta there?" She playfully asked, but inside the both of them were broken.

"Jeez, give me some time!" He requested. The glee-like atmosphere almost felt tense.

"Alright, chill." She scoffed, walking away like the queen she is.

Funerals aren't an easy thing." He mumbled to himself his eyes had dark bags, but he was feeling a lot better than before. Even though Ymir could be a pain in the ass for him, he was thankful. If they weren't there that day, he surely would've been dead.

Picking the piece of paper, he unfolded the note and took a deep breath before reading it:

*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈

Hi Kuroo!

if you're reading this and aren't Kuroo, drop it. Now. Please? Well anyways, I don't know how to tell you this but.. I'm Y/N! You might not believe me but I am. I just want to tell you that no matter what, I've always loved you! You're beautiful and amazing and kind and everything really. Your hugs are so warm and comfortable, I love them! I wish I could hug you right now and squeeze you tightly.

Wait.. seriously? His mind filled with thoughts as his eyes trolled with hot tears that soaked into the skin of his soft cheeks, No way.. Y/N...

I'm gonna miss you, a lot, but remember that in whatever life we may next be in.. I'll find you, I promise! But in case I can't, please try find me too! Ya know what? It's all my mums fault, never yours. I just realised we'll probably never confess to each other, cos I already know you're head over heals for my dumbass, you stubborn rooster.

But I just want to say it in the kindest way.. let me go. Please? It's better for me and you 'kay? This world wasn't meant for us. I know that we 'could've been together' but it would be horrible to send you away from your family and to leave you out of your education. Even if you didn't, the police would've found out, and I would've gone back to her. She already traumatised me, there's no undoing what's been done I guess. I was tired.. tired of my mother.

You know that, right? You know that I love you, but my mental health was too terrible, so I couldn't do it? I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me. And don't blame anything on yourself dumbo! I know what you're like! Just please.. don't do it.

ℒᵒᵛᵉ ᵧₒᵤ .•ᰔᩚ