I'm not meant to be here

Author note: I'm gonna do it in first person cos I find it much easier and comfortable. c:

"Okay." I looked plainly at the girl and forced a smile.

"I'm sure you know we don't want to hurt you but if we need to, we will." She threatened again.

"A-Alright." I replied.

___________________

I went onto the rooftop to find Kenma and Kuroo.

"Hey! Over here!" I heard Kuroo shouting. I walked nervously up to them.

"Ummm.."

"What is it?" Kuroo asked.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Why is it you're asking?" He smirked. I realised what I said but it was too late because I could feel my cheeks turning pink.

"N-Not like that!" I shouted. He started laughing and Kenma gave a smile. I chuckled a little as well, "well.. do you?"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but yes I do." He said proudly, "why'd you ask?"

"It's just... if you have a girlfriend... why did you hug me— I mean I know we are just friends it's just some people.. they are threa—,"

"They're wondering why you did it, Kuroo. So go tell them that you and Y/N are friends." Kenma interrupted, "you might wanna find your girlfriend as well, explain it to her."

"Oh shit. She must've been too nervous to text me. I'll go explain it to her. Sorry but I got to go." He chuckled nervously and ran off leaving a dead silence, that filled the atmosphere.

"I'm just wondering.. Why'd you interrupt me?" I questioned Kenma.

"If he found out about the threatening, what do think he'd say to them, or possibly do to them? And what do you think those girls would do to you?" He asked.

"I..." I didn't know what to say, "thanks." I added. We continued to eat our lunch together.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Finally schools over." I groaned, relieved. It was me and Kenma walking together. He said he had some volleyball practice so he could only walk to the gate, and I didn't mind, because my mother was picking me up anyways.

"Bye, Y/N." Kenma said in his normal calm voice.

"Bye Kenma!" I grinned. I waved and looked around to see my mum's car wasn't here.

From: Y/N
To: Mum
Where are you?

From: Mum
To: Y/N
Sorry. I forgot. I'm out shopping for groceries. Can you walk home?

To: Mum
From: Y/N
I can walk but I forgot to bring my keys.

From: Mum
To: Y/N
Then just wait at school and I'll pick you up when I've finished.

From: Y/N
To: Mum
Okay, I'll just wait here and see what I can do. Just text me when you've come, don't worry about me.

From: Mum
To: Y/N
Okay.

I walked from the school gates towards the gym. Peeking in, I saw Kenma setting a volleyball and Yamamoto spiking it. Kuroo noticed me and waved at me. Soon all the members noticed me and a wave of embarrassment washed across my face, oh shit. Scared, I stepped into the gym and looked at everyone's smiling faces. My overthinking brain only thought:

Fake smiles, fake, lies, they're trying to make it seem like nothing happened, they hate me for it, they don't want me here, I disrupted them. It's all my fault. Shit, shit, shit! Why did my curious self even dare to walk up to them. I'm not meant to be... I'm not meant to be here.