The Story's Not Over Yet

It was the following day; 5 days before the live show. Papyrus and I both made lunch, and the three of us ate at the sentry station near the entrance of the ruins.

Papyrus was wearing headphones, watching what he called a "sophisticated show." But in reality he was watching an episode of Curious George. I came home late last night, so I was currently telling Sans yesterday's events.

"He what!?"

Papyrus looked up from his phone to the now furious Sans. "DID I MISS SOMETHING?" I was afraid of this.

Sans continues,"You should have woke me up and told me this last night, or in the morning! We past by the bastard earlier! If I knew I would've-"

"HAD A FRIENDLY CONVERSATION?" Papyrus piped in.

"yeah, f r i e n d l y." He grit his teeth. Then slouched on the chair, crossing his arms.

Papyrus and I met eye contact greatly concerned. Although I can't lie, that was kinda attractive.

"I'm sure nothing else will happen. As long as I stay in a public place or with you guys he can't do anything." I placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me, still angry but had a much gentler expression.

He huffed. "yeah i guess."

Papyrus tapped my shoulder to show me a scene he found funny. As I watched it I heard Sans blurt out, "but that won't stop me from teaching him a lesson."

"Wait Sans you'll get-" he disappeared. "... in trouble."

"This isn't going to end well, is it?" I turn to Papyrus.

"FOR THE JERK THAT BOTHERED YOU, DOESN'T LOOK IT."

"So you were listening?"

"A LITTLE... YOU KNOW I WOULD JOIN TOO, BUT I DOUBT I'LL BE ABLE TO DO MUCH. SANS IS CLEARLY STEPS AHEAD OF ME."

I was flattered. Papyrus was like a brother to me and I was happy to see he thought the same. I never liked violence, I had seen plenty from b/n whenever he got into fights. So Sans having a 'conversation' with Nice Cream Guy didn't make me happy. But I can't change Sans' mind.

Maybe this is the only way to stop the problem before it escalates any further.

"I MUST GO TO HIM BEFORE THE ROYAL GAURD GET CALLED."

Before he could leave Sans reappeared in front of us.

"OH NEVERMIND THAN. SO? WHAT HAPPENED?" He asked Sans. Sans was currently humming a tune a smug expression over his face.

"well like you said, i had a friendly conversation. its amazing what you can do without violence, right sugarbean?"

Joy and relief filled chest, forming a smile on my face. I nodded happy with the outcome.

"of course i must confess, i did not use pretty words. he won't be bothering you any time soon." His smile turned proud.

"My hero." Sarcasm was evident in my sentence.

"doesn't the hero get a kiss?" He leaned over the sentry station where I still sat behind it.

"don't know, does he deserve one?"

Papyrus awkwardly looked at both of us. His eyes darted from Sans to me like watching an intense ping pong game. He loudly cleared his throat. Sans coming back to his senses pulled back embarrassed. I softly giggled.

"we-e should get back to work right bro?"

Papyrus checked the time. "YES THAT IS CORRECT!"

"don't you have work in snowdin." he winked.