Robots and Otaku's

It was past lunch time. Me and Frisk were walking through waterfall. She had her sleeves rolled up ready for the soon incoming heat. While I was wearing a t-shirt with (shirt design) and (your choice of color) shorts. I didn't think I'd be wearing shorts. They make me feel a little akward. But I have get feeling that Hotland will be really hot.

Undyne had royal gaurd duties. And Sans and Papyrus had their sentry duties. This is the first time I have been alone with Frisk. And for the most part. . . it's kinda . . . quiet. . . .

"I wonder what Hotlands like?" I start.

"Me too. I also can't wait to meet Alphys. Do you think she will be able to fix your leg?"

"Well she wouldn't fix it per say. But I don't know. It depends whether she is willing to help me out."

We were working on a puzzle with having to place flowers, in the water, in a row to form a path. While frisk picked them up. Instead of placing them where the path would continue, she placed them down a water stream across the cavern's room.

"Why are you putting the seeds there? Don't they go over-"

She put her finger to her mouth signaling for me to quite down. "There are echo flowers here that we can listen to."

I just shake my head smiling at her nosy behaviors. With the last seed connecting to the prior three. A bridge grows to walk on. Crossing it we found ourselves in a small room with only a bench and an echo flower next to it.

Frisk went up to the bench and looked underneath it. Finding a quiche, she puts it in her pocket. I went up to the echo flower. Touching its petals to hear its imprinted words.

Just like all echo flowers, you can never recognize the source of the voice. Instead they talk in this whispery tone. All the plant said was, "I just wasn't ready for the responsibility."

The sentence sounded kinda heavy. Whoever's this monster is is going through some stuff. I hope they are better now. We leave the small room.

After that, the rest of the walk through waterfall was calm.

The cool temperature of the cave began to change getting a little stuffy at first. It got warmer and warmer until it felt like a hot day. Warm wind blew through the end of the cave. A digital sign welcoming visitors to hotland was to the side. No wonder it was so hot. Below hotland, layed a sea of lava hundreds of degrees hot.

Spotting a sentry, we went up to it. A certain skeleton was there fast asleep. For a guy who likes to do nothing he sure has a lot of jobs. Frisk skips up to him. Waking him up. He leans over the sentries counter looking down a Frisk.

"hey kiddo." He notices me "and sugarbean. come to hotland to tour around? don't heat yourself up if it's not like you imagined." Sans gives us his signature wink. "heading to alphys' right?" He continues.

"Yup. You coming?" I ask.

"Yes you should come along it would be fun." Frisk pushes.

"i'll come later. still have a shift to finish."

"But you don't work." Frisk states.

"who said the shift was work?" Aaaand he falls back asleep. I wonder if slept he well last night? Being a deep sleeper makes it hard to know what's around you during the night.

Me and Frisk continued on until we arrived to the laboratory. I was about to kock on the door, but Frisk just went inside. Is it just me or does Frisk just go wherever she wants to go. Almost as if she knows what there is before she even sees it. Maybe I'm reading to much into this.

So inside the lab we were. It was dark no light except from a screen on the wall. That had ourselves on it. Had someone been watching us? A door then opened and the lights turned on.

To reveal a petite yellow dinosaur monster. Wearing a lab coat and glasses. "O-oh y-your already here!" She spoke.

"I-I wasn'-t expecting you guys y-et. I-I no-man I'm n-not even ready yet. I'm not well dressed. I-I haven't showered. A-and the place is all a mess." She turned in circles nervously. She seems to have a bit of a stutter either from nerves or thats just how she normally speaks.

"O-oh m-y g-gosh I rambled. My name is doctor A-Alphys. I-I'm the royal scientist in the underground."

She came up to us and shook Frisk's and my hand. "I-it's so cool to f-finally meet you two. I've kinda been following you guys. Mainly Frisk. And well watching people through a screen can really make people r-root for them."

Her stutter seemed to disappear. "Its nice to meet you Dr. Alphys. I guess you already know our names."

"Just Alphys and yes I do. Frisk and you are y/n. Oh hows your relationship with Sans going have you guys started dating yet. You guys are my OTP"

I felt my face get hot. "W-what no we aren't dating! I mean, I don't even know if he feels the same way."

"Of course he does. You don't notice it? It's just like in Mew Mew Kissy Cutie where Mew Mew has a crush on this guy and she think she doesn't like her back but what she doesn't know is that he does andthenlike19episodes gobyandnothinghappenswhichisa reasonwhyI dontlikethe2ndoneas muchasthefirstlikesheclearlyhada betterinterestinthefirstshow."

Wow seems like she is really passionate about this show. Nice to see her a bit less shy. Even if I couldn't comprehend all that she said just now.

"Oh s-sorry I r-rambled."  she goes back to being anxious.

"It's ok. That show sounds pretty good Mew Mew Kissy Cutie right?" I ask.

"Yeah you guys should totally come over and watch it with me and Undyne!"

Frisk beams at the thought. And she answers for us. "Yes. That would be really fun. Also we have something we hope you can help us with."

"I-If it's in my capabilities."

"Can you maybe help us with making a prosthetic for y/n's leg?"

She looks at me. Studying my leg. I know she's checking to see if its possible but it makes me feel a bit selfconscious.

"May take some time. But I think I can do it. We can start now just come over-"

She stops realizing something. "Oh my gosh I forgot to mention! Um I built this robot. He's kinda like the star in the underground. But I kinda programmed him to capture human. I tried to fix it but I accidentally messed that up and now he's programmed to kill humans. Heh.... I'm sorry." There is a guilty look on her face.

"Don't worry we know you were trying to help. We will figure things out."

Suddenly there was an explosion towards the left of us. Smoke went everywhere. Then a seductive sounding voice spoke.

"Oh yesss~"

"Oh no." Sighs Frisk. Does she know who this is? I look back at a now brocken wall. Out came a square shaped robot holding a microphone. The robot that Alphys was possibly referring to.

"Welcome everyone to today's game show! I am your host Mettaton! And I am here with our two contestants. The hot duo everybodies been talking about. The humans!"

He gestures towards us. A spotlight following his movement landing on us. Artificial claps and cheers chime in. Mettaton. A fitting name for a celebrity. Ok so we are in a game show with a killer robot it can't be that bad right? Right?

"We will be right backafter this short break!"