A Promise To You

4 days until the live show. But 3 days until a special day. Valentine's day. Who knew monsters celebrated the holiday as well. Apparently a monster learned about it through a book and spread the word. It's been celebrated since. Although, for them instead of it being a day of hearts. It's more of a day of souls.

So instead of asking, "Will you be my Valentine?" You say, "Will you be my soulmate?" I find it lovely. (Pun intended.)

Three days from now, the MTT resort will be the hottest place for Valentine's day. Jam packed with lovestruck couples.

The best part is . . . Mettaton gifted me a reservation for two in the first class dining experience. So I'm taking Sans out on a fancy date night.

I asked him yesterday and he seemed to like the idea. More than I imagined.

We had to follow a strict dress code. So that meant, wear the fanciest outfit you got.

In addition we both agreed to get a gift for one another. It will be Valentine's day afterall. Sans was the one to suggest it, and I think whatever he had in mind was what sold him on the whole fancy dinner.

This is where Frisk comes in. No literally, she walked in while I was monologing to myself.

"HUMAN! YOU HAVE ARRIVED."

"Yeah. So... what can I help you with?" She went to the couch and took a seat.

"WELL YOU SEE, Y/N AND SANS WILL BE GOING OUT ON VALENTIMES DAY."

"It's Valentine's papy." I corrected. My tone was sweet.

"OH... RIGHT!"

"Anyways, I will be busy while I find a gift for him. I already have something in mind so I shouldn't take too long on that part. While I'm gone I was hoping you could help me with giving out these." I hold out basket covered with a cloth.

"My cookies have grown traction and while I practiced I happened to make a bit too many. If you could hand these out to the monsters in snowdin I'd really appreciate it. Tell them it's free of charge!" I give them to her. She looked at me slightly annoyed. Her expression seemed to say, "you called me all the way here, to give away cookies!?"

"After I finish, if you'd like, you could join me while I go for clothes shopping. Mettaton will be there too."

She smiled. "Yeah I don't mind." She looked at Papyrus. "So what will you be doing?"

"I THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL BE HELPING MY DEAR OLDER BROTHER! HE HAS NO SENSE OF STYLE WHEN IT COMES TO FANCY OCCASIONS. ONCE I FIND HIM THAT IS. . . HE RAN OFF VERY EARLY IN MORNING. SAYED SOMETHING IN THE LINES OF "I CAN'T BE LATE OR ELSE ALL OF THE GOOD OPTIONS WILL BE GONE." CAN YOU IMAGINE? SANS ACTUALLY WORRYED ABOUT BEING LATE!? I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT HE WENT TO BUY YOUR GIFT." He gestured to me on his last sentence.

"Who knows, maybe he has a doctor's appointment?" Frisk suggested.

"NO, SANS HASN'T GONE TO THE DOCTOR IN YEARS."

"Well wherever he went to he'll be back soon. I should get going." I grabbed a bag filled with some of the g I have collected over the years.

"Wait y/n, I just remembered. Won't Valentine's day be the anniversary of when you fell down here?" She asked. I glared at her and she looked down in shame.

"Yes it will be..."

"REALLY Y/N! HOW MANY YEARS WILL IT BE!?"

"Well, eleven years." Wow has it really been that long?

"WOWIE! NO HUMAN CAN BEAT YOUR RECORD."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "No. No one can. I'll be going now see you later!" Papyrus gave me a bonecrushing hug and I waved to Frisk goodbye.