3 ~ !THE GREAT PAPYRUS!

"So how are we gonna get to Snowdin? I don't think there is any way I can go up the cliff. Those stairs look way too unstable" Now that I think about it how does Sans even come and go here? How did Frisk get down here?

"don't worry just hold my hand. i know a shortcut." Sans holds out his hand.

"Okay?"

I held onto his hand. It was warmer than I imagined. Frisk grabs onto mine. Next thing I knew, I was outside  next to a sign saying "Welcome to Snowdin" a village stood infront of me.

"W-what!? How did-! But we were-" I look around struggling to find the words to explain what just occurred.

Sans only smiles at me not bothering to give an explanation. This guy is full of surprises.

"welcome to snowdin y/n. weather focast is 70% percent chance of snow. pretty high chance of getting snowed in." I laugh at his pun.

Frisk then let's go of my hand and announces her leave. She runs off in a hurry.

Sans walks up next to me. "well let me show you around y/n."

We walked through the small town, Sans showing me the store, inn, librarby...pftt, and Gribbly's. ( Yes I kept the typo in on purpose. Your welcome.) He seemed to really like that place. The monsters around were surprised to see another human especially one with a disability. They were all nice and greeted me with a smile.

Not long after, we were in front of a two story cabin. I guessed it was his house. Evidence of him just casually walking in. A few seconds of struggling up the stairs I followed him in.

The home was largely spaced. There was a kitchen with an oddly proportioned sink, a green couch with questionable stains and a T.V with currently no signal. I spotting him laying on the couch.

"Nice place." I say

"thanks. . . hey no need to stand over there come sit down." He scoots over making space for me on the couch. Sans making space for someone on the couch? Now that's something you don't see every day.

"And what's with you being nice all of a sudden?"

I sit down next to him. He avoids eye contact. He is definitely not acting like himself today.

"w-well i ... uh ... well. just wanted to help out a bit anything wrong with that?" He states.

"No nothing's wrong with that. It's just rare to see you like this."

He scratched his arm and looked at me with hopeful eyes. "is that a good thing?"

Before I could answer, we hear talking outside and two figures walk in. Frisk and a very tall skeleton wearing some kind of costume and a red scarf. That must be Papyrus, Sans' younger brother, he always talks about him. He looks almost exactly like I imagined him . . . Except his loud voice.

"HELLO BROTHER! I THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY CAPTURED THE HUMAN! WELL I CAPTURED HER HEART WE ARE GOING ON A DATE!... ANY WAY WOULD-" his loud booming voice rungs in my ears, then stopped.

He looked at me, then at Sans, while Sans looked at him and then turned to me. This cycle continued on for a few more seconds. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

"S-SANS IS THAT ANOTHER HUMAN!?"

"yup her name's y/n." 

"WOWIE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! TWO HUMANS IN ONE DAY! NOT ONLY THAT BUT YOU CAUGHT HER! MY INCOMPETENT BROTHER FINALLY DID SOMETHING! NOW WE CAN HAVE A DOUBLE DATE!"

"Date!?"
"date!?"

Both of us said the same thing simultaneously. Me date Sans? I - why am I getting all red just thinking about it? Okay I definitely have a small crush on him.

To my luck Sans beat me in explaining to his brother.

"sorry paps but um... me and y/n are not really on a ... d-date."

A light blush dusted his cheek bones. Huh. . . Maybe he does like me back? No don't overthink it. He's probably just embarrassed over the whole situation.

"I SEE... ME AND THE HUMAN WILL BE IN MY ROOM. CALL US IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!"

"Okay. Thanks Papyrus." I say. Frisk and Papyrus went up the stairs to his room. Honestly I'm not worried. From the short time I've known them, it will probably end up as a play date.

A few minutes had past. Me and Sans just talked about random stuff while throwing a few puns. Papyrus would complain occasionally from upstairs. I was telling him about a book I read recently. It has become my favorite yet. It was called (Insert your fav book).

Papyrus and Frisk eventually walked out of the room discussing over the likeliness that humans are descendants of skeletons. The proof: a pirate flag. . .

Papyrus had a different outfit on. One with a tank top that said cool dude and other sporty accessories. The said tall skeleton gave both Frisk and I full permission to explore the house. I looked around from the couch (I was too comfortable to get up) while I listened on to Sans' story about his many experiences at Grillby's.

"STOP THAT ANNOYING CANINE!!"
A white dog sprung out from Papyrus' bedroom holding a bone in his mouth. Frisk and Papyrus hot on their heels. The dog left the house through a now broken window leaving some dog residue. Ugh I hate that stuff.

Sans magically pulled out a trombone. (Ooh now I get it! ) He then proceeded to make some music fitting to the situation.

"SANS!! STOP PLAGUING MY LIFE BY ADDING INCIDENTAL MUSIC!"

By now Frisk and I were a laughing mess. It looks like my life is going to be way more interesting now.

Meeting new friends has made your soul fill with KINDNESS.

_______________________________________

976 words

Published - April 6th, 2020
First edit - Nov. 23, 2020
Second edit - August 9th, 2021

Slight change in the beginning. So that it transitioned better from the past chapter.