Extra #4~ Sheriff Hiss' Past

️Warning!⚠️
The following chapter discusses themes such as murder and suicide. If you are not comfortable with reading these topics I recommend you don't read this chapter.
_______________________________________

[TITLE : THE CHILD AND THE SNAKE]

Once upon a time there was a monster. A snake black as night with golden eyes that shined like the stars.

His appearance gifted him the fitting name of a constellation. A zodiac sign that is not and will never be part of the zodiac. He along with the name will forever remain in the shadows.

That was what he believed. Until he received the title of the royal judge and along with it "The strongest monster".

Who would've thought, that a monster so forgotten as him would be in the spotlight for the rest of his life and beyond.

Then the war came. A war so violent and cruel that it should have never even existed. Even if he was strong enough to beat all the humans. They would never stop coming. The only solution was for them to surrender.

He and the entire monster race surrendered in the most dignified way they could. Their punishment, simply for existing, was to be hidden and locked away in the underground.

Centuries past. New generations of monsters were born. While the older monsters continued to age. The snake resided in the judgement hall for most of the day. The place was mostly quiet and that brought him comfort.

His life was no longer how it used to be. His days of fighting were over and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss them.

Occasionally there would be moments of interest. A human would fall into the underground and cause a commotion.

After the demise of the prince and human child adopted by the royal family, monsters felt that they could no longer trust humans. The only resolve they had in their heads was to break out and get revenge for everything the humans had done to them.

First one fell down. Then two, three, four, then five. Each one met the same fate. Death. Their souls were collected and were given to the king. The snake was a little jealous that he hadn't been able to fight a fallen human yet. But if they didn't survive long enough to meet him, they were not worthy of even his presence.

Then came the sixth. This one unlike the other humans, he got to meet. It was one of those days when he patrolled the underground to see if everything was in order. The child just entered snowdin. Like usual monsters welcomed the child. There was this unspoken rule, a formality to be more precise, to not attack a human within any large settlement.

The snake looked at the child in wonder. They looked older then the other children who had fallen previously. He gave the child three days before they were killed by some lowly monster.

The snake was leaving snowdin when he noticed something. The child was following him. Not only that but talking to him too. This annoyed the snake. Who did this child think they were? To think they could talk to him.

And yet, the snake did not push then away. He listened to their jabbering as they would talk about cowboys and police men and judges. Oddly this kid was surprisingly mature. He had clear views on the world. Ones that even the snake himself would agree with.

When they reached the luxurious hotel did the kids yapping stop. They told the snake that they would stay here and they hoped to see him again. The snake stayed silent and left, hoping that if they did see eachother again. The child would already he dead.