7 ~ The Matchmaker's Plan

Frisk's POV

I love this route so far. Everything is much more different. I can feel it. This is the reset when I achieve the perfect ending.

I get out of y/n's bed it was so nice of her to allow me to sleep here. Plus it was really comfortable. I walked up to the door and opened it to be met with the smell of bacon coming from the kitchen.

Y/n was cooking some breakfast and it smelled great. Yes free food! "Morning Frisk are you hungry?"

"Yup!"

She hands me a plate of eggs and bacon. This is my chance, I can ask her about her leg. Or her past. There must be something I can can learn from her.

I decide to ask her about how she fell into the underground first. She openly answered my question.

"Well I came with my family to the woods for a little camping trip. You know to get out of the city for a few days. We went hiking up Mount Ebbot and while we explored the cave me being my clumsy self, I fell down the hole."

The story seemed logical so I didn't push any further but the fact that she had a her right leg practically gone sparked my interest. I had to ask her a more gentle question just in case the topic was serious. I asked what was her life on the surface like. Y/n was shocked with the question but she answered anyway.

"My life was great... I used to be a dancer before I lost my leg. I came from a slightly wealthy family. My parents were outgoing and always threw parties and my older brother. . . was active and friendly. "

"I see..."

"ahem." We heard a voice come from behind us. Sans. I'm not surprised. He seems to really enjoy coming here to visit y/n. Hmmm... I wonder...

"did i come at the wrong moment..." he states while shifting his weight nervously. I have a feeling that he heard part of our conversation. He probably is also as curious as I am.

Y/n changes the subject, "N-no you came just in time. Breakfast is ready are you hungry?"

"a little. thanks to your lessons, paps has gotten better. but not to the point where you can eat an entire plate."

He sits next to y/n's seat while she hands him his plate. He thanks her and we eat in silence.

Hotland is the next place to go and y/n will be coming with me. I have a special question to ask y/n but Sans can't be with us when I do. Before I ask her though I wish to share this theory of mine with Alphys.

What is my theory. Well it's that Sans and y/n both have feelings for each other. If I can get a confirmation from both - without them knowing - then I could team up with Undyne, Alphys, and maybe Mettaton to create a blind date for them.

For most of the day I stayed with y/n. It was fun. I got to see what was her daily routine in the underground and she taught me how to make her delicious cookies. She called the Cocoa cookie. They are made with cocoa and bit of coconut in the pastry.

They almost rival with Toriels Butterscotch cinnamon pie. Now that I think about it they seem to be a little similar in some things. They both like puns, are good at baking, and are caring, but that's about it.

Sans of course hung out with us for a bit as well. After lunch he left to continue his sentry job.

I sat in the small but cozy living room near the toasty fireplace and created a list of things to do. This is new so I have to be smart with this.

1. Meet Alphys and Metatton with y/n and befriend them.

2. Get Undyne and Alphys together earlier than the past resets. ( less awkwardness and higher chance of seeing them together.)

3. Share my theory with them.

4. Plan the blind date

5. Boom new OTP

And my list is complete. There might be some changes but I am confident that things will go this way.

Oh I almost forgot!

Bonus: Attempt to find out how y/n lost her leg.

Having a plan for y/n's happy ending filled me with Determination.

_______________________________________

746 words

Published May something 2020
First edit Nov. 24, 2020
Second edit Sept. 19, 2021