True Lab

"What are you doing here?" I ask Frisk. She was currently in the Laboratory helping herself to some instant noodles.

"Waiting for Alphys. What about you?"

"My prosthetic had a weird glitch recently. I was hoping Alphys could trouble shoot it and see what's wrong." I crossed my arms.

"What was the glitch?" She asked, her mouth full of noodles.

"It shut down again, ended up Falling down the stairs this morning."

"Pfft!" She laughed. "Wait let me guess, Sans caught you."

"Not this time. He was still asleep." I rubbed my bruised shoulder.

It got awkwardly quiet. It's been a few weeks since the live show. Throughout that time, Frisk and I hadn't tried getting along better.

I mean what's the point. She is not sorry for what she did. So why should I forgive her.

"So have you seen Alphys?" I try to break the silence.

"No. Although she did leave a note on the ground." She pointed her fork back. A piece of paper lay on the floor next to the bathroom.

I went up to it and picked up the paper. It was a little hard to read. Her handwriting was a little sloppy. From what I could read it said, "Hey. Thanks for your help back there. You guys. . . Your support really means a lot to me. But. . . As difficult as it is to say this. . . You guys alone can't magically make my own problems go away. I want to be a better person. I don't want to be afraid anymore. And for that to happen, I have to be able to face my own mistakes. I'm going to start doing that now. I want to be clear. This isn't anyone else's problem but mine. But if you don't ever hear from me again. . . If you want to know "the truth" Enter the door to the north of this note. You all at least deserve to know what I did."

I looked north. There was only the door to the bathroom and the bathroom sign.

Frisk finished eating her noodles and threw the cup away. She came up my way and walked past me to the front of the bathroom door.

"Are you serious right now!? Wow you just can't wait to get into other people's personal matters, can you?"

"I am not going in uninvited, she said in the note that we can go." She sassed.

"Well if you read the note then you would know she doesn't want us getting involved. Unless something goes wrong." I snap back.

"Yes but she could be hurt. We should go make sure that she is okay right?" The sliding door opened, but it didn't lead to a bathroom it lead to a slightly ominous looking elevator. The light inside it unnecessarily flickered.

"C'mon y/n." Frisk encouraged. "Don't tell me you're scared of elevators." She teased.

"W-what no of course not."

"Then come on in. Nothing is gonna happen." She assured.

I sprinted inside and waited stiffly in the middle. "Yeah you're right I mean what are the chances of something going wrong anyway." I nervously joke.

She pressed a button and the elevator door closed. I felt a slight drop as the elevator moved down.

It was normal at first. I started to feel silly for being nervous of it. Then the elevator shook and creaked.

"Um Frisk! What's happening!?"

"Not sure." She looked around smugly.

The lights in the elevator turned red. It shook rougher and I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.