Bad Flower, Mad Skeleton

Sans' POV

Flower? Oh shoot! Flowey. But how? How the hell did he find out about about her. That weed should be in the ruins until the kid gets to king Asgore. What would he want from y/n. Two words came to my mind.

Her soul.

I teleported immediately to her house. Empty. I ran outside. Empty. I need to find her quick if I don't... no, don't think about that just focus. I pulled out my phone again and texted her.

: Where are you right now?

I looked around for footprints. Bingo! I found them. And right at that time she answered.

Sugarbean : you know that clearing where those weird mushrooms are. That's where I am.

That place is not that far from here. If I teleport I'll have no energy to fight back. Looks like I'll have to run. Wow I really should work out. She better not be hurt when I get there. If not I won't be going easy on that damn weed.

Y/n's POV

The flower, I mean Flowey stopped moving forward when we got to the clearing. His back now facing me.

"This doesn't really look like a shortcut." I told him.

"Oh it is a shortcut. But not for you. It's for me!"

Vines shot out of the ground and pulled my crutches from me. Another two wrapped around my wrists and neck pulling me to the ground. The hard contact made my small headache from today worse.

"Wow you really are an IDIOT. So gullible. Even the kid was smarter than you!" I look up at him. His smile wasn't 'friendly' anymore, it was twisted and angular. Here comes that unsettling feeling again. It's telling me to break free, run away and scream at the top of my lungs. I didn't listen to it.

"Well that doesn't matter. YOUR SOUL IS MINE! DIE!!" He laughs maniacally. I close my eyes as my glowing green soul is forced out, entering an unfair fight.

A vine shoots out towards my soul. I prepare for inevitable death as I hear something shatter. But I didn't feel the pain. I open my eyes again and see a wall of bones, now slightly cracked, shielding me. Then there was a blinding light followed by a loud explosion.

The vines holding me down receded as do the wall of bones. My soul floats back into my body. Now having a clear view I could see what was going on. It was Sans. He stood in front of me facing the dandelion, I mean Flowey. He had an amused and angry smile.

"Well if it isn't the smiley trashbag. How's the timeline going for you?" He looks behind him towards me. "Chasing after a poor excuse of a human perhaps."  Poor excuse! Okay its official I don't like this smiling Dandelion.

"Shut it! What are you doing here weed. Leave her alone and go back to the dump you came from. And if I see you near her again. Well then get ready for a bad time."

For the third time today Sans sounded different. But this time he sounded really angry. Do these two have some bad blood?

"Alright I'll leave. But trust me next time I show up you won't even know I was there." His smile widens more corrupted then his last and he disappears into the ground. A silence surrounded the two of us as we both process everything that's happened thus far.

Sans turns to me. His skull glazed in sweat and breathing uneven. He looks at me relieved. He falls to the ground and pulls me into a tight embrace.

"Oh Asgore that was close. Any second later and you would've been... nevermind. Are you okay anything hurt?" His hands cups my face. His eyes filled with worry.

"Yes I'm okay. Nothing is hurt. Don't worry I'm fine." I reassure him. Which is true I am fine. But I still had that feeling. No it's not any feeling. It's terror.

He relaxes. "What were you thinking. You can't just follow strangers."

"Well it was either I bought time or he'd probably have attacked me there."

"fair point. dang sugar bean what a day" He rested his forehead against mine. His voice seemed to have gone back to his normal tone. Yet it feels like it is nothing more than a mask. Whatever, for now it shows that he has relaxed.

"Yeah today's been crazy." I state.

I leaned away from his forehead.  "Sans."

"yeah?"

"Thanks for saving my life."

"anytime sugar bean. well i hope there is no other time. so don't go into anymore deatherous situations."

"Okay that was bad." I giggle. He smiles.

"c'mon let's get you home."

He grabs my crutches from who knows where and hands them to me. I got up ready to walk back but we were already back in my house. The fire place softly illuminating the room. I turn to Sans, who was now on the floor breathing heavily.

"Sans I told you not to overuse your magic! We could've instead walked back." I kneel down to him. He looks like he is about to pass out.

"y-yeah i know. but it was faster then walking."

"That doesn't matter. C'mon let's get you to bed. You'll be sleeping here tonight." I try to pull him up. He just waves me off and gets up himself. I let him and I use the time to lock the front door. He starts wobbling towards the couch. I pull him back.

"Not the couch."

I bring him my to bedroom, he sits on the bed, kicks off his slippers and lays down. The moment he gets under the covers and lays his skull on the pillow he passes out. Or so I thought.

I was about to walk out until I felt something grab my shirt pulling me back, making me fall onto the bed. Too tired to fight back, I sigh and pull myself under the blankets. His arms wrapped around me as he fell asleep. Sans' arms made me feel secure as the terror within me disappeared. I let myself fall into a peaceful slumber.